• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weather

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weather"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Yes, I'd say you was the only person looking forward to winter. The frackin country grinds to a halt with an inch of snow ffs!
    You exaggerate, sir.

The snow which causes the country to shut down is a once in ten year event. Not worth spending money on planning for.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    You're asking a man what growing up is?
    I think you and I need to have a little chat, rodent to fastener.
    Pst... Pogle... Zippy's a girl..

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
    And darker days are drawing near...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Reflections on the water,
    like shadows in my mind
    Speak to me of passing days,
    and nights, and passing times.
    The autumn leaves are whispering
    "Winter's on it's way"
    I close my eyes remembering
    the warmth of yesterday.

It seems a shame to see September
    swallowed by the wind.
    But more than that it's oh so sad
    to see the summer end.
    And though the changing colours
    are a lovely thing to see,
    if it was mine to make the change
    I think I'd let it be.

But I don't remember hearing
    anybody asking me.......

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I noticed brown leaves on the ground for the first time on Friday. I like autumn, I like the crisp fresh air, I like putting on a big jacket and feeling it's value. I''m looking forward to running in the park when I am off in 3 weeks time and taking my best camera out to get snaps of the trees.

Winter always fails, so does summer with it's promises of BBQ weekends, and spring which is just the anticipation of summer. Give me autumn.
    Note of joint interest - Minestrone and I are both Scots

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    It was 38C in Mallorca, I got sunburned. It was just like being in Swansea

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Autumn is my favourite season. Last autumn was particularly good with a fresh cold snap turning the lush summer foliage golden brown under bright blue skies. A long morning walk with the dog and a long lunch in front of the fire is the best way to enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    hmmmm

I was going to mention this as well today.

Pnissed it down all weekend - at one point I had to properly baton down the hatches as water was going everywhere.

This morning has been the first where I've actually felt a chill when dragging my lazy arse out of bed.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Erm .. what is this growing up thing you speak of?
    You're asking a man what growing up is?
    I think you and I need to have a little chat, rodent to fastener.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Board tags are in the [][/] format, it wasn't an attempt at Markup.

Apparently you've forgotten what a pedant is, oh well........
    Well, I am aware that an ellipsis is three dots you spud.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    <pedantAlert error="iMadeASpellingMistakeButIknowHowToDoMarkupC orrectlyUnlikeYourThickSelf"/>
    Board tags are in the [][/] format, it wasn't an attempt at Markup.

Apparently you've forgotten what a pedant is, oh well........

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Going to stick my fingers in my ears and go la la la at this point. Yes it has got colder but despite being bred for a colder climate myself, I don't really like winter. (unless it's a proper winter with snow and matchstick sellers dying in shop doorways)
    WHS

Summer = trips to the beach with the kids, Wimbledon, Cricket, NO FOOTBALL, barbecues with friends, le Tour, no heating bills, windows open, evening walks.

Winter = frosted windscreens, getting up in the dark and cold, getting home in the dark and cold, basically just dark and cold all the freakin time.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    [pedant alert]

it's = it is in case you didn't know......

[/pedant alert]
    <pedantAlert error="iMadeASpellingMistakeButIknowHowToDoMarkupC orrectlyUnlikeYourThickSelf"/>

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Am I the only person looking forward to winter?
    No. The Missus always suffers in the summer.

Right now, I am fractious because it is hot and humid. I am sweating and uncomfortable because it is so humid; we had really light drizzle earlier and it has made everything damp.

I hate nights like this.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    I noted today for the first time that we've had a fall off in air temperature in the last few days and that autumn is finally here.

Am I the only person looking forward to winter? I can't stand warm weather (I'm genetically a Viking) but it's lovely to have the cooler air around.

Yes, I'd say you was the only person looking forward to winter. The frackin country grinds to a halt with an inch of snow ffs!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X