• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Late Sunday Afternoon. Do I ..."

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Next bank holiday, someone remind me to stay in. London is full of merdeux on holiday weekends.

The first pub I went to was OK, but this lardy tart comes in and orders two bottles of corona, pokes me in the arm to get my attention and in the process spills one of the bottles in my direction. I promptly move to another part of the bar, finish my pint and leave.

In the next pub, as soon as I walk in I can spot trouble with remnants from the football crowd. The poor young lass in charge was trying to cope, but it was doomed. Eventually, one merdeux got a bit out of hand and young lass called the police (she was right in what and when she did it too).

Things calmed down after that, but as I am typing this there are some noisy young ladies going past outside. Just what is it? Even in my most drunken states, I’ve never been like them.
    I'm in North London. Went for a long walk through three of my local parks. And very nice it was. I will do the same today.

Life is so much easier when you just avoid pubs and drunks that inhabit them. If I want a beer, I just have one in the back garden once I get home. Very relaxing.

Life is what you make it.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Next bank holiday, someone remind me to stay in. London is full of merdeux on holiday weekends.

The first pub I went to was OK, but this lardy tart comes in and orders two bottles of corona, pokes me in the arm to get my attention and in the process spills one of the bottles in my direction. I promptly move to another part of the bar, finish my pint and leave.

In the next pub, as soon as I walk in I can spot trouble with remnants from the football crowd. The poor young lass in charge was trying to cope, but it was doomed. Eventually, one merdeux got a bit out of hand and young lass called the police (she was right in what and when she did it too).

Things calmed down after that, but as I am typing this there are some noisy young ladies going past outside. Just what is it? Even in my most drunken states, I’ve never been like them.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    I'm not into that snowballing lark.
    Doing things to Swallows. And now snowballing Larks.

Look, just leave those poor birds alone.

Nomadd

Ps. Don't read too much into the "spank" icon.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    1) No, I hate programs about radiators. In fact the whole DIY scene.

2) Would that be an African or European swallow?

Cheers,

Nomadd
    Mmmmmmm. You're into a bit of kinky stuff. OK, I'm game.

However, I'm not into that snowballing lark. You'll have to talk to Atw if you want to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Surely this calls out for every students dream business plan.

A laundry with a bar in it.

C'mon, I guarantee that everyone of you who went to Uni had this idea/discussion over a pint.
    That brings back memories of the laundrette I found when I first set up home for myself. On Saturdays they had a couple of schoolgirls who would put your washing in for you and take it out when done, all for a small tip. This swiftly became very popular with the blokes* and the pub next door did a roaring trade.

They later developed this theme by opening a knocking shop upstairs.

* and their girlfriends if their washing was done as well. Brownie points for having a good session in the pub

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    I'm out and I'm proud.

Do pay attention there.

BTW, two questions for you nomadd.

1) Do you like movies about gladiators?

2) Do you spit or do you swallow?
    1) No, I hate movies about radiators. In fact the whole DIY scene.

2) Would that be an African or European swallow?

Cheers,

Nomadd

EDIT: I'm "out" too. In my garden. And I'm proud of that.
    Last edited by nomadd; 30 August 2009, 16:36.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    So... You have a nickname that mentions your "Hairy Arse". And now you tell us you have a "house boy".

Hmm... Maybe you should just watch Bruno instead?

Nomadd
    I'm out and I'm proud.

Do pay attention there.

BTW, two questions for you nomadd.

1) Do you like movies about gladiators?

2) Do you spit or do you swallow?
    Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 30 August 2009, 16:29.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Poll
    So... You have a nickname that mentions your "Hairy Arse". And now you tell us you have a "house boy".

Hmm... Maybe you should just watch Bruno instead?

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Pub it is then.

Second problem is, I've got find an ATM with money in it on Sunday of a bank holiday weekend as I've just found out I have £9.07 in cash. Min charge in pub for a card is £10. Which means I'll have to have at least four pints.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Surely this calls out for every students dream business plan.

A laundry with a bar in it.

C'mon, I guarantee that everyone of you who went to Uni had this idea/discussion over a pint.

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    1. Drop washing off at laundrette, go to pub, get trolleyed.
    2. Collect washing.
    3. Go to pub.
    4. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    First job on Monday - try to get hole of a plumber.
    (I think 'house boy' means Andyw is the 'hole of a plumber' option...)

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Alternatively, bag up the laundry, go to the off licence for some 8-Ace and go to a 24 hour laundromat.

There's a lot of pleasure to be had from getting slowly wrecked in a laundromat while doing the washing.

I recommend you also take a book on heavy philosophy or fantasy sci-fi to complete the experience. It makes it easier for the loonies to start up a conversation with you.
    Here speaks the voice of experience

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Damn - didn't hit the Edit button fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Alternatively, bag up the laundry, go to the off licence for some 8-Ace and go to a 24 hour laundromat.

There's a lot of pleasure to be had from getting slowly wrecked in a laundromat while doing the washing.

I recommend you also take a book on heavy philosophy or fantasy sci-fi to complete the experience. It makes it easier for the loonies to start up a conversation with you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X