• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Daddy or chips...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Daddy or chips..."

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    i'm not sure his tickers would take it.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's not a Jag, it's a Jaaaaaaag.

Actually, having seen that clip I can just imagine ZG in a Jaaaaaaag
    That's the sad bit: so can we all. Imagine; our very own Zeity cruising slowly along the Mumbles with his lustee in the passenger seat, her gazing adoringly at him as his claws gently tear holes in the knee of her woolly tights.

If only he'd go out there, part-exchange his shuttlecraft, pick up his new 2nd hand Jag and collect his admiring girl, then glide gently off into the sunset, toward a quiet B&B on the Gower for a mucky weekend of cross-species medical analysis. <sigh>

Leave a comment:

• weemster
    replied
    Originally posted by SlimRick View Post
    Boat or car....

So, say I have around 15k to buy myself a toy. Narrowed it down to either a 30ft-ish sailing boat, or a TVR Cerbera.

Boat:

Pros:
    Great to have the odd cheeky day off work and pretending to be a pirate

Cons:
    Mooring fees, maintenance etc.

TVR:

Pros:
    It's a TVR Cerbera

Cons:
    I might just look like a slightly overweight, middle aged, balding man driving a nice car.

Feel free to quote this post and add any other pros and cons

Thank you so much for your anticipated assistance.
    General rule of thumb :-

If it F***s, Floats or Flies - Rent it !

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There's a lovely green E type Jag for sale locally.

Did I mention that it's Green?

And, unfortunately, £35k.
    It's not a Jag, it's a Jaaaaaaag.

Actually, having seen that clip I can just imagine ZG in a Jaaaaaaag

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What's the deal regarding TVR's since that Russian tw@t let them go bankrupt? Spares and servicing? Residual values?
    No issues - both readily available. Since the factory went under a whole extra network of suppliers and garages appear to have sprung up.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    A little over budget, but this one looked good when we saw it in Venice the other week.

Mayan Queen IV

The pictures don't do it justice. Really
    One of my drinking associates here on the mainland was hired as a contractor by Blohm and Voss to manage the suppliers for the luxury yachts on order.

His orignial role was to sort the best price, that's now been changed to negotiating the penalty clauses down based on all the cancellations.

I think he's walked now due to stress cos I haven't seen him in a while.

Leave a comment:

• SlimRick
    replied
    I don't think my budget would cover the tender for that! It is rather pretty though.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    A little over budget, but this one looked good when we saw it in Venice the other week.

Mayan Queen IV

The pictures don't do it justice. Really

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Or even considering the original constraints - £15k

Public sector project management at its best!
    I've been at the MoD too long.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bod View Post
    That's what we like to see, thinking outside the box.
    Or even considering the original constraints - £15k

Public sector project management at its best!

Leave a comment:

• Bod
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    That's what we like to see, thinking outside the box.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Aquada?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What's the deal regarding TVR's since that Russian tw@t let them go bankrupt? Spares and servicing? Residual values?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Madoff's boat is up for sale. Make an offer.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Tvr

I'd go for the TVR. If you don't have to depend on it they are great fun (ex TVR owner). Part of the charm is that they do go wrong but a well sorted one will put a smile on your face every time it starts.....when it starts.

My mate's got a boat and it's expensive to run and expensive to moor. I'd also get hacked off with driving it slowly down rivers. We spent all day doing 6 locks on the Thames - great fun but wouldn't want to do that for the rest of my life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X