• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sleeping bag

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sleeping bag"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Or a blow up women.

Well, somebody was going to mention it. I got in first. Yeh.
    That's OK. There's always someone happy to volunteer for sloppy seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Thanks all - even the 'entertaining' suggestions.

Decided to go down the cheapo route and popped into town and my local Wilkinson store.

Saw a Gelert Lynx 300 on the shelf but no price so asked the assistant who couldn't find a barcode or shelf price so stuck it through under a generic sleeping bag barcode for £10.

Score.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    So have we have reached the point where it is better to buy a sleeping bag and throw it away rather than clean it?
    When they are £4, yes I'd say it is cheaper to buy a new one. Or have a fresh one for every night...

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If the sleeping bag is not warm enough and you need to wear clothes inside it then make sure you put on clean and dry clothes when getting in (assuming the bag is dry). Do not get in wearing the clothes you have on.
    During the night your body temperature drops. This will cause the accumulated moisture in the old clothes to condense, which in turn conducts heat away from your body thus making you cold and causing you to wake up.
    Wearing clean dry clothes should mean a good nights sleep. Nobody is going to notice you spending the day in the clothes you slept in.
    Try and dry out the bag every day if possible.
    Very sound advice, a layer or two of clothing is part of the sleeping gear. If you might get wet, wool socks will keep warm even when wet. I'd add that you don't need a really warm bag, you're not sleeping in winter, high up, etc. If you don't often sleep in a bag, don't be tempted to go for a smart mummy bag, you don't need it and you won't be comfortable. And it's the end of the family camping season, you should be able to get stuff half-price.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Another reason to get a blow-up mattress is that you will float if it gets really wet !!
    mistress

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Another reason to get a blow-up mattress is that you will float if it gets really wet !!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    If the sleeping bag is not warm enough and you need to wear clothes inside it then make sure you put on clean and dry clothes when getting in (assuming the bag is dry). Do not get in wearing the clothes you have on.
    During the night your body temperature drops. This will cause the accumulated moisture in the old clothes to condense, which in turn conducts heat away from your body thus making you cold and causing you to wake up.
    Wearing clean dry clothes should mean a good nights sleep. Nobody is going to notice you spending the day in the clothes you slept in.
    Try and dry out the bag every day if possible.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    So have we have reached the point where it is better to buy a sleeping bag and throw it away rather than clean it?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I'll be the sensible one to answer then..

cheap (£10 - £15) and take a t-shirt and/or thin jumper.

reasons:

- because when you get back to your tent with boots caked in mud the last thing you will care about is how dirty your sleeping bag gets, it WILL get muddy
    - if it's nicked you can goto the onsite Jo-Bananas and buy another one without caring
    - you'll be too p!ssed too notice the difference at the end of the day, if you do, wear the t-shirt/jumper

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Or a blow up women.

And a puncture repair kit.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Or a blow up women.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Or sleep on top of a fat woman.
    There's nothing wrong with fat chicks, they're not as picky and they try harder

That's my un-PC post of the day!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Get yourself a single blow-up mattress and pump from Tesco. Well worth the investment as a sleeping bag can be very uncomfortable on hard ground.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Anywhere in mid Sussex? We have a whole box of the things in the attic you could have. They do smell of old ladies though.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    More importantly, get a lilo or someting to go under it. Otherwise you'll be as stiff as a board afterwards.
    Or sleep on top of a fat woman.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X