• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Convertible cars?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Convertible cars?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    II love topless motoring!
    Fook off. What makes you think the rest of us want to see your man-boobs?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    No it's not...It's your hair piece flapping in the wind and the spice girls blaring out the stereo
    That's what I am planning to do. Is it not cool any more?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkOD View Post
    i agree with a few of the other posts. If you want it go for it. I don't have one but borrowed accountants 3.2 quattto audi a4 softtop to pick him after he'd left it near me after drinking. The noise was phenominal and certainly makes you smile. You do see people looking at you as if to say "lookat that tw@t with the top down" it's just jealousy that their corsa can't get above 50mph!
    No it's not...It's your hair piece flapping in the wind and the spice girls blaring out the stereo

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkOD View Post
    i agree with a few of the other posts. If you want it go for it. I don't have one but borrowed accountants 3.2 quattto audi a4 softtop to pick him after he'd left it near me after drinking. The noise was phenominal and certainly makes you smile. You do see people looking at you as if to say "lookat that tw@t with the top down" it's just jealousy that their corsa can't get above 50mph!
    No it's not... I really do think "look at that tw@t with the top down". Jealousy doesn't come into it, pity maybe?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I picked up a pre reg 09 3 series convertible which was fully loaded and I mean fully loaded. Only had 150 miles on the clock. It was 10k less than the official BMW retail price.

I love it, its great and you can drive it any weather. TBH there's only been a few days when I havent been able to get the top down.

I love topless motoring!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I got overtaken by a silver one on Sunday.

We'd been pootling along following some numpties doing 70 for ages. When they got out of the way I put my foot down and the open-top Merc behind me kept pace until I could pull over into a gap to let him pass. I was doing 95 when they went past; a couple in their 50s or 60s with grins like a couple of teenagers.

Whether I'd give up the air conditioning and being able to hear the CD for flies in my hair ... I don't know.
    Yep. Sorry about that Richard.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    If I could get my hubby's car out of the garage - I would go for a classic MG Roadster

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Had a drive of my sister's new Merc. CLK Cabriolet the other day.

I'm not much of a petrol head, but this car was really fun.

Having the top down on a fine sunny day, out in the country, brilliant.
    I got overtaken by a silver one on Sunday.

We'd been pootling along following some numpties doing 70 for ages. When they got out of the way I put my foot down and the open-top Merc behind me kept pace until I could pull over into a gap to let him pass. I was doing 95 when they went past; a couple in their 50s or 60s with grins like a couple of teenagers.

Whether I'd give up the air conditioning and being able to hear the CD for flies in my hair ... I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Ermm... no thanks
    WHS++

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Motorbike - next
    Ermm... no thanks

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Motorbike - next

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Had a drive of my sister's new Merc. CLK Cabriolet the other day.

I'm not much of a petrol head, but this car was really fun.

Having the top down on a fine sunny day, out in the country, brilliant.

A bugger to reverse, not much power uphill, but good fun, and looks great.

Leave a comment:

• MarkOD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    An ex-gf had a 2CV. Roll the roof back, open up the dash vents, and you had a great fresh air car. It was surprisingly good fun to drive.

You could do Rommel impressions as well.
    A friend of mine had one of them. With the roof open the aerodynamics ensured that every passing insect would hit you in the face.

Oh, and the entire back seat came out so you could use it for picnics.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    The 240ZX was a nice looking car!!!

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X