• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baby P's Killers' Identity Legally Disclosed"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Of expense claiming cabinet ministers you mean? I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    Hang them.
    Capital punishment should be allowed in some special cases like this

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Hang them.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I think I am the only person sane enough to disagree with both overwhelming responses.
    Oh yeah?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    In the thread about some MP's car getting trashed, the overwhelming response was "violence is ALWAYS bad".

A a thread about a baby being cruelly killed, torturing the killers to death - or at least execution - is the overwhelming response.
    I think I am the only person sane enough to disagree with both overwhelming responses.

Leave a comment:

• MrToast
    replied
    Originally posted by Sundial View Post
    Oh, I had thought that was a windup as I mentioned my cat

Yep just googled it and that's the one. Hurrah! Must remember that one now.
    I thought that it was a wind up too.

Leave a comment:

• Sundial
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You weren't thinking of Kitty Genovese Syndrome(as posted by NotAllThere)?
    Oh, I had thought that was a windup as I mentioned my cat

Yep just googled it and that's the one. Hurrah! Must remember that one now.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Please put me out of my misery *cautious but hopeful*

It's one of those situations where you almost have it at the tip of your tongue...but alas not quite.
    You weren't thinking of Kitty Genovese Syndrome(as posted by NotAllThere)?

Leave a comment:

• Sundial
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    In a book I have in my briefcase under my desk there is a lengthy description of it. Along with its origins in a stabbing murder in broad daylight in New York in the 70'?

ShouldI have a quick glance and tell you the name of the syndrome?
    Please put me out of my misery *cautious but hopeful*

It's one of those situations where you almost have it at the tip of your tongue...but alas not quite.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    No. Out of kindness you are blasting the vermin with water rather than lead. It is less reliable but kinder. How sweet.
    Less messy. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Interesting.

In the thread about some MP's car getting trashed, the overwhelming response was "violence is ALWAYS bad".

A a thread about a baby being cruelly killed, torturing the killers to death - or at least execution - is the overwhelming response.

So which is it? Violence is always bad or violence is OK when I feel like it?
    I had sausages for my tea last night. I guess its hard to kill a pig without being violent, so I , for one, am in favour.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Kitty Genovese Syndrome

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    IT'S A SOCIETAL SYNDROME!!! It has happened ad nauseum!

*collapses weeping, we women cry yanno*

Actually the one thing I could cry about is that I used to know the name for the syndrome, it does exist, but for the life of me I can't remember it now.

If anyone can come up with it I promise you my new born, or at least my cat (or at least a pic of her. Which is reward enough, honest, she's a cutie!)
    In a book I have in my briefcase under my desk there is a lengthy description of it. Along with its origins in a stabbing murder in broad daylight in New York in the 70'?

ShouldI have a quick glance and tell you the name of the syndrome?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Interesting.

So which is it? Violence is always bad or violence is OK when I feel like it?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    Is it cruel to blast cats with water soakers when they are c**ping all over my garden? Is it a slippery slope to becoming Hannibal Lecter?
    No. Out of kindness you are blasting the vermin with water rather than lead. It is less reliable but kinder. How sweet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X