• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: V

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "V"

Collapse

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I've seen it before and think it's a great film. As others have said Cutter is Mandleson and the totalitarian right wing Government portrayed is not a million miles from the present Labour one.
    Why thank you.

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Hmm, swine flu could be very useful for them....

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've seen it before and think it's a great film. As others have said Cutter is Mandleson and the totalitarian right wing Government portrayed is not a million miles from the present Labour one.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    On balance, a flawed film, but 9/10.
    Agree. Shyte reviews but a decent film despite what others say.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    It was supposed to be anti-Tories.

The author must be gutted that it ended up applying to nuLieBore.
    Yes!

But it works well as anti-totalitarinism - even when artists tell lies, the truth comes out. Totalitarianism is available in all sorts for flavour.

It's clear that it was written by a lefty. But then. so was 1984.

On balance, a flawed film, but 9/10. Loved the ending. The main piece of unrealism was the bad teeth...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    It was supposed to be anti-Tories.

The author must be gutted that it ended up applying to nuLieBore.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    So 2012 is going to be an extremely slow, boring and badly acted year, and Natalie Portman will have gone bald?

Rubber skinned, hamster eating aliens was much more believable than that load of tosh. Yes tosh.
    I loved it, IMDB has it at 178 in the top 250 movies of all time.

Each to their own.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    The comic was better.
    True, but as chilling?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    The comic was better.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    How can anyone look at the character Cutler and not think Mandelson?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Didn't realise it was a documentary from 3 years hence...
    So 2012 is going to be an extremely slow, boring and badly acted year, and Natalie Portman will have gone bald?

Rubber skinned, hamster eating aliens was much more believable than that load of tosh. Yes tosh.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    For a moment there (while I checked the schedule) I thought you meant the 80's TV series.
    Me too.
    (BTW, they have remade it.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Hangover
    replied
    Yep. It is.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Now I know why those protestors a few months back (?) were wearing THAT mask.

This really does seem to be a genuinely fine film.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    I did wonder why the swineflu pandemic seemed to die out, until the expenses scandal hit.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X