• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Didn't realise it was a documentary from 3 years hence...
    So 2012 is going to be an extremely slow, boring and badly acted year, and Natalie Portman will have gone bald?

Rubber skinned, hamster eating aliens was much more believable than that load of tosh. Yes tosh.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

How can anyone look at the character Cutler and not think Mandelson?

Comment

The comic was better.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          The comic was better.
          True, but as chilling?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            So 2012 is going to be an extremely slow, boring and badly acted year, and Natalie Portman will have gone bald?

Rubber skinned, hamster eating aliens was much more believable than that load of tosh. Yes tosh.
            I loved it, IMDB has it at 178 in the top 250 movies of all time.

Each to their own.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It was supposed to be anti-Tories.

The author must be gutted that it ended up applying to nuLieBore.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                It was supposed to be anti-Tories.

The author must be gutted that it ended up applying to nuLieBore.
                Yes!

But it works well as anti-totalitarinism - even when artists tell lies, the truth comes out. Totalitarianism is available in all sorts for flavour.

It's clear that it was written by a lefty. But then. so was 1984.

On balance, a flawed film, but 9/10. Loved the ending. The main piece of unrealism was the bad teeth...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  On balance, a flawed film, but 9/10.
                  Agree. Shyte reviews but a decent film despite what others say.

Comment

I've seen it before and think it's a great film. As others have said Cutter is Mandleson and the totalitarian right wing Government portrayed is not a million miles from the present Labour one.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Hmm, swine flu could be very useful for them....

Comment

Working...
                      X