• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mind the oranges Marlon..."

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Two extra blocks. Gets chaotic. But a lot of fun, as I recall.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Have you got the expansion set, Mega Mania?

My sets seem to be have been oxfammed a long time ago...
    No dont have that and only 50 quid on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JUDGE-DREDD-BL...d=p3286.c0.m14

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Block Mania...what a game, Im going to have to find out where mine is now and challenge the wife and kids. Could be a long night....

PZZ
    Have you got the expansion set, Mega Mania?

My sets seem to be have been oxfammed a long time ago...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Chopper was the best of the Megacity/Dredd related stories I thought. A lot of the JD stuff itself got pretty repetitive.
    Marlon Shakespeare - great character.

I remember the (hugely un-pc) 'fatties' with their belly wheels in Mega City 1.

And the block wars and the huge debate about what to call the comic in the year 2000AD!

I also remember it was different from other comics not just because of the great artwork, but also it had a sense of humour.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just been refreshing my memory of the magazine. I used to have the board game - Block Mania. IIRC, it was quite fun to play.
    Block Mania...what a game, Im going to have to find out where mine is now and challenge the wife and kids. Could be a long night....

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Just been refreshing my memory of the magazine. I used to have the board game - Block Mania. IIRC, it was quite fun to play.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 30 July 2009, 15:58.

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    Nah, you're all right thanks. They go for about 10p each, so make it a grand and they're yours.
    advertised for a couple of quid each on ebay

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I started reading it in 1978. Stopped in 1987.

Halo Jones, Judge Anderson were great. Nemesis was ok, but got a bit bogged down by the time they got to "Thoth".

Proper science fiction, for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    Wasn't a shade on the Dandy or Beano, I remember how flushed with pride I was reading about Minnie the Minx, Dennis the Menace and Gnasher, Desperate Dan and The Bash Street Kids.
    Whizzer and Chips.
    The Beano was for Girls!

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Wasn't a shade on the Dandy or Beano, I remember how flushed with pride I was reading about Minnie the Minx, Dennis the Menace and Gnasher, Desperate Dan and The Bash Street Kids.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Strontium Dog

I did like the various characters in the Dredd stories, Tweek, Walter etc.

Favourite short(ish) story was "Fiends of the Eastern Front".

Showing my age there!
    Chopper was the best of the Megacity/Dredd related stories I thought. A lot of the JD stuff itself got pretty repetitive.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    "Victor", "Valient", "Battle" and "Warlord", for the more beligerent in the congregation.
    I got BULLET from Issue 1. Catriona Klansberg was my favourite character... Joined the fireball club too...

2000AD?

Strontium Dog

I did like the various characters in the Dredd stories, Tweek, Walter etc.

Favourite short(ish) story was "Fiends of the Eastern Front".

Showing my age there!
    Last edited by Churchill; 30 July 2009, 14:30. Reason: Klansberg with a "K" you tit!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    It was Forever People for me. I picked up loads of stuff from there over the years, including getting Jamie Hewlett (He of Gorillaz and Tank Girl) to do a sketch for me for free as well as lending me a fiver. ;o)
    I've always been a fan of Hewlett's artwork. He's done some cracking stuff over the years.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    I do. Saturday afternoons were regularly spent hanging around in Forbidden Planet, followed by a trip to Orc's Nest. Or vise versa.
    It was Forever People for me. I picked up loads of stuff from there over the years, including getting Jamie Hewlett (He of Gorillaz and Tank Girl) to do a sketch for me for free as well as lending me a fiver. ;o)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Some three years back.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neil-Gaimans...8962176&sr=8-5

Yours for a tenner.
    Still can't beat the original TV series though. Finally got it on DVD a few years back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X