• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone ever sabotaged a clients system?"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    A contractor where I worked years ago put a deliberate bug into software in order to try to get a renewal when he knew that his time was up. He was in collusion with his girlfriend in the company who was responsible for checking that the data was ok. She would come into the dept every day complaining about this bug, putting pressure on the IT manager. The contractor was so arrogant that he did not think that a permie would spot his handiwork, but one of us surely did.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No been tempted. Always got on well with clients.

At opne place I saw someone boasted he had put a back door in! Nothing malicious but enabled him to have a hunt round. No-one shopped him.

But someone else did something similar. I shopped him.....

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There's nothing wrong with being a grumpy old dinosaur, I'll have you know...
    Indeed not.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WHS

Never done it, never would.

The tulip clients buy from their Indian CMM Level 5 Plenty Cheapness suppliers doesn't need sabotaging anyway.
    Agreed. Simply working your notice out and leaving is a better option.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    No. On each occasion it was someone else.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It is sometimes a concern that when I leave things will turn to tulip in my absence. Does that count?
    Never stay in one job long enough for your mistakes to catch up with you!

Leave a comment:

• weemster
    replied
    Apart from some the stuff I write (not on purpose I quickly add) nope !

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It is sometimes a concern that when I leave things will turn to tulip in my absence. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Nah, its not my style.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I've fantasised about it but no.
    don't change the subject

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Years ago as a permie I wrote some code (a daemon) which I later realised had a "root access" loophole in it. I created a "how to" document and tested the loophole. It worked

But I never released the document or told another living soul.
    (I assume you lot are all sockpuppets so you don't count anyway).

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Never understood why Luddite has become a term of abuse. Even the most cursory research indicates that these were people previously able to make a living by dint of a lifetime devotion to a given trade who faced the real and immediate prospect of destitution and starvation. Times were a bit different then - they were not just a few grumpy old dinosaurs.
    It is a term of abuse because luddites sought to destroy equipment that vastly improved productivity within factories. As a result of this prices for products rose, making many people effectively poorer.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Never understood why Luddite has become a term of abuse. Even the most cursory research indicates that these were people previously able to make a living by dint of a lifetime devotion to a given trade who faced the real and immediate prospect of destitution and starvation. Times were a bit different then - they were not just a few grumpy old dinosaurs.
    Media and govenment spin. Nothing has changed in 200 years, just the names.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Seems to me you Luddite techies with your opposition to change would take a leaf out of these guys book:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/PRluddites.htm

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Bomb Cornwall: http://atlantic-cable.com/CableCos/Porthcurno/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X