• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Indian Outsourcing on front page of The Times"

Collapse

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    What a disturbing comment you make.
    Your lack of humour is disturbing. The curry comment was actually borrowed from Rowan Atkinson's standup.

Stop taking yourself so seriously leftie.

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    I thought that the British Council was a front for British espionage around the world.

How are British firms supposed to remain competitive in the world if a valuable source of overseas secrets is cut off?

EDIT: Answered my own question, they're not.
    Last edited by sweetandsour; 29 July 2009, 11:28. Reason: Answered my own question.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    What's it got to with her?
    Indeed the British council existed well before maggie's time.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They are a total waste of space and should be disbanded immediately. That would save money. Millions more uncivil unservants could go and it would make life better not worse.

Where is Maggie when you need her?
    What's it got to with her?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    India is a dump, look at the place. Dodgy wiring on their electrical grid, shoddily maintained trains which people hang onto. When they populate an area of London it becomes a dump, Southall anyone?

Now that they have acquired the white mans knowledge why don't they fix their country, to prove they can sort a country out for themselves, instead of playing dress-up in England?

I mean when they came over they bought curry with them, so fair enough. We have the recipe now, they can go back.

What a disturbing comment you make.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by mace View Post
    I was practically moving the mouse for the 2 Indians I employed.
    Could they catch it?

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I outsource work to Pakistan to be honest. As long as you keep on top of them ( not in a cyberman way ) they are excellent.
    I was practically moving the mouse for the 2 Indians I employed.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I outsource work to Pakistan to be honest. As long as you keep on top of them ( not in a cyberman way ) they are excellent.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Don;t know how efficient it is, but it seems to me the British Council is an essential organisation. All our competitors have something similar. The Germans have the Goethe Institutes abroad and the French have something similar (Alliance Francais?).
    It's lucky that most CUKKERS are not decision makers or we would be an insular and poor country without any worlwide trade

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6731114.ece

Funny how it's only front page news when the civil service "workers" are affected.

Still, good news government hypocrisy and lies are being exposed.

In fact now I've actually read what they're about
    http://www.britishcouncil.org/new/
    why don't they just disband the whole pointless organisation rather than pay foreign workers with taxpayers' money?
    The council, which promotes British culture and language abroad

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Maybe this is a good thing if a few incomprehensible accents discourage applicants. Why must they waste taxpayers' money like this?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I outsource work to India. I couldn't be happier with the results.
    My brief is to get the best possible value out of my budget and this I do.
    Problem is I would prefer someone local, but the salary demanded cannot be justified in terms of value added.

HTH
    My current contract is being taken over by Indians (Steria has an office in Chennai). They seem quite competant so far. I don't think I've spoken to a developer so far though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Yes, it is outrageous.

I blame the councils. If they had a massive building program so that flats and houses were more plentiful then the price to rent them would fall below £30pw and we could afford to compete with offshore suppliers through lower wages.
    Well them's the facts. Unless the IT/Analytics is strategic to the business (and I would argue it always is - not that people agree at the top), then it's not seen as important.
    Problem is very few of you techies are good enough to make a difference to the bottom line. Generally I find poor communication skills and general Up-your-arseness is rife.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I outsource work to India. I couldn't be happier with the results.
    My brief is to get the best possible value out of my budget and this I do.
    Problem is I would prefer someone local, but the salary demanded cannot be justified in terms of value added.

HTH
    Yes, it is outrageous.

I blame the councils. If they had a massive building program so that flats and houses were more plentiful then the price to rent them would fall below £30pw and we could afford to compete with offshore suppliers through lower wages.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Having a wig made is not the same thing really is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X