• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help: Dessert Suggestions"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Ooooh, can oi come? I luvs a bit ov 'edg'og I duz an oi'l drink ee's zyder till 'um cows come 'ome. Aaaar!
    You did get pizzed last time! You agreed to bring the hedgehogs!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I see.

So none of our suggestions was good enough then for your very important dinner party, then, eh?

Harrumph!

I'll be remembering that when it's time for me to make up the invitation list to my next cider 'n' baked hedgehog night, thankyouverymuch.
    Ooooh, can oi come? I luvs a bit ov 'edg'og I duz an oi'l drink ee's zyder till 'um cows come 'ome. Aaaar!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    late entry I know but this recipe for Lemon & Ginger Cheesecake always goes down very well..

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I see.

So none of our suggestions was good enough then for your very important dinner party, then, eh?

Harrumph!

I'll be remembering that when it's time for me to make up the invitation list to my next cider 'n' baked hedgehog night, thankyouverymuch.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Sorted

Thanks for all the suggestions.

We're going for individual fig and burnt almond crumbles with marscapone cheese.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Good quality brownies (warm) with a decent vanilla ice cream then pour over vodka raspberries (warm raspberries in a small pan with a shot or 3 of vodka & 1 table spoon of sugar per shot) decorate with a mint leaf on top.

Just do not leave the raspberries in the vodka too long as they will bleach out

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Arctic roll - well, having an important dinner party DOES sound like something from a 70's sitcom.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Raspberry mousse can be prepared in advance and chilled. Easy and quick to make but seems posh.
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Not a bad idea but I worry it's not sophisticated enough.
    Dissed!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Chocolate bread and butter pudding.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Arctic roll - well, having an important dinner party DOES sound like something from a 70's sitcom.

Leave a comment:

• onefortheroad
    replied
    Biscotten Torte is worth a taste if you haven't

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Chocolate cloud cake... rich but not over-sweet, it needs high-quality ingredients and is really good.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Banoffee Pie.

The "microwave method" is really easy and the results are outstanding. Ginger Nuts or chocolate Hob Nobs also work well for the base.
    This is the best banoffee pie recipe I've ever had. Made by MrsB.

It's a bit "darker" than your average Bannoffee pie, but very very morish.

Base:
    250g ginger biscuits, crushed
    2 level tbsp cocoa powder
    100g butter, melted

Filling:
    100g butter
    50g caster sugar
    50g dark brown soft sugar
    400g Condensed Milk
    1 tbsp black treacle
    75g dark chocolate, melted

Topping:
    4 small bananas
    300ml double cream, lightly whipped
    cocoa powder, to dust over

Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until fine.

Add the cocoa powder, and melted butter and blend well.

Press the mixture into a loose-bottomed cake tin and chill.

Make the filling:

Place the butter and sugars in a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Add the Condensed Milk and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Boil steadily for exactly 1 minute, stirring frequently to make a golden caramel. Add the treacle and melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.

Spread the caramel over the biscuit base and chill for about 1½ hours, until firm.

Slice the bananas and arrange most of them over the caramel.

Spread with whipped cream. Decorate with the remaining bananas and dust liberally with cocoa powder.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Bhang lassi always goes down a treat at Moorfield Towers.
    Hows he going to find little timmy in the well with you pounding into him from behind?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    OK, we' re hosting a very important dinner party
    There is no such thing as an important dinner party. What ever you do your guests will secretly hate you but still be nice to your face.

Just get some pizza in and tell them to chill the **** out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X