• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: pre-nup

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "pre-nup"

Collapse

• stingman123
    replied
    I had nothing to start with

Although she would probably get that as well

Leave a comment:

• msubhan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yeah, I thought that along with plea-bargaining, pre-nups weren't part of English law?
    That was my understanding too, basically they are not enforcable -however that may change following the case last month :http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8130176.stm

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Where is the "No, but I wish I did" option... I would think lots of people would be in that category.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Nah no need - I'd get everything anyway.......
    No need for me either. She'd get everything anyway. ( My wife, not Pogle).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
    Thought they were still pretty much unenforceable in the UK?
    Yeah, I thought that along with plea-bargaining, pre-nups weren't part of English law?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Nah no need - I'd get everything anyway.......

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    I only answered yes in the event that I'm ever stupid (in love) enough to do it again, I've been ****ed over twice and it won't happen again.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I answered no as we haven't got one. Don't really see the need either as I haven't got much.

If we were to get divorced I'd let her have everything bar the £25k it would cost to do my seamanship exams and buy a sturdy little yacht.

Obviously kids are not a factor at the moment...

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    To all those who answered "I trust my other half" I'd like to say ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

fools !!
    WHS.

(Bitter, moi?)

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    To all those who answered "I trust my other half" I'd like to say ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

fools !!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Look into post-nuptial agreements too.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Thought they were still pretty much unenforceable in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    well? impatient...

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    as an afterthought to the divorce thread, who has a pre-nuptual agreement in place?

poll to follow
    Had one before second marriage.

Divorce courts suggested that I get to **** in the interests of trying to enforce it.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    started a poll pre-nup

pre-nup

Yes, my money is mine and im not sharing
    5.88%
    No, no need and/or i trust my other half implicitly
    70.59%
    I'm AndyW, I'll grab all I can to improve my sh1tty life
    23.53%
    as an afterthought to the divorce thread, who has a pre-nuptual agreement in place?

poll to follow

Working...
X