• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Window closing on "Bargain Buys""

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Its the lack of property to buy/sell that is keeping prices high, noting else.
    Many of the properties that arent selling are crap and/or overpriced so no one wants them.

PZZ
    Properties at auction are also selling well.

Strange thing is, there are hardly any repossessions going through the auctions at the moment - where are these properties being offloaded or will they turn up at auction at some point in the future?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Yeap, I suspect inthe next month everything will start to head south again. Stock market, house prices etc.

There's just too many bad fundamentals for things to start rallying again. It feels as though we're in more of a mess than we were 9 months ago
    WHS. It feels like a deflationary spiral is well underway.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No. More CUK Bollux.
    No comment from SG about the market? You still buying those 2 flats in South London?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Really?
    No. More CUK Bollux.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I know people who have property in Dublin valued a couple of years ago at 3 million, current value 300k
    Really?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    With base rates at 0.5%, but mortgage offers at ~6 to 7%, salaries being cut or no pay rises imposed, income taxation set to rise, (VAT @ 20%?) and property over priced by ~30% compared to long term averages, where is the next boom coming from please?

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    Yeap, I suspect inthe next month everything will start to head south again. Stock market, house prices etc.

There's just too many bad fundamentals for things to start rallying again. It feels as though we're in more of a mess than we were 9 months ago

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The way prices are rising at the moment, a few months tops.
    IMO more bad news to come yet.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Not bought my mansion yet. Prices do not reflect reality whatsoever.

Property is still selling mind at the £700 - £900K mark like hot cakes. There's obviously cash and credit slushing around from somewhere. That will dry up in time.

I'll stick with money in the bank and property all paid up to live in until then.
    I think the economy has headed even further into la la land than before the credit bubble bust, it's being propped up by government instead of private debt for now, but for how long !?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I reckon the market will eventually bottom out towards the end of next year and then there'll be a stagnation for a few years like in the early-mid 90's. We've not seen any interest rate rises yet don't forget....

Dead cat bounce at moment IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Green Mango
    replied

Yeah, well talking to someone in the housing industry at the weekend.

His opinion things are still really tough. These figures are based on very low volumes hence not really representative and MEDIA HYPE...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Wait long enough and you will be okay.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Wait long enough and you will be okay.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Did you buy anything ?

Must say there are quite a lot of SOLD signs up round my way and sod all on the market in the medium/high end. Must be a few frustrated STR's out there but I'd still sooner be one of them than a mug who bought in 2007
    Not bought my mansion yet. Prices do not reflect reality whatsoever.

Property is still selling mind at the £700 - £900K mark like hot cakes. There's obviously cash and credit slushing around from somewhere. That will dry up in time.

I'll stick with money in the bank and property all paid up to live in until then.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I'd still sooner be one of them than a mug who bought in 2007

Leave a comment:

Working...
X