• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "50% off everything at Borders, Oxford Street, London"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Why do I get the feeling they're not going to close the stores if they sell all the crap stock?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    - Not much IT stuff left but loads of books on The Mac (they don't count as IT...).
    I saw that mac stuff - it's all pretty old, like books on Panther and Tiger, nothing up to date. I expect they will get pulped...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Just got back - took an early lunch . Not sure about Science and Maths - Not much IT stuff left but loads of books on The Mac (they don't count as IT...). Some fiction, quite a few travel books, biographies, coffee table books etc. Most of the best stuff gone though.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Any science and maths book?
    They did have a (mostly untouched) maths/physics section when I was there on Tuesday. No idea if there's anything left now though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    TBH, didn't notice as I wasn't after that sort of thing.

They tend not to be popular though, so you might be lucky!

Good point - may toodle along there after work

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    TBH, didn't notice as I wasn't after that sort of thing.

They tend not to be popular though, so you might be lucky!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Depends what you want.

I went last night, most of the lonely planets & rough guides have gone.
    Still loads of novels.
    Still quite a bit of computing stuff (seemingly obscure stuff mostly).

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I'm thinking of popping up to Borders lunchtime - do you reckon it's still worth it?
    Depends what you want.

I went last night, most of the lonely planets & rough guides have gone.
    Still loads of novels.
    Still quite a bit of computing stuff (seemingly obscure stuff mostly).

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm thinking of popping up to Borders lunchtime - do you reckon it's still worth it?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    You becoming an IA then?
    Moving into that area... IA (or information design), Usability and UI design under the umbrella of user experience. Mostly application user interfaces (and the end-to-end experience), but a bit of web. Getting plenty of interest in this area at the moment - with some attractive rates.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    All the posh places in the world.
    Oxford Street, Llantrisant, London Colney, Dublin and Swindon.
    I used to live in London Colney a few years back, assuming it's the one near St Albans.

Pub on the village green did a good pint and a cracking steak sandwich. The Green Dragon I think it was.
    Last edited by DaveB; 15 July 2009, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Yep I did - sos for not getting back... My role has shifted emphasis and now I'm after HCI, usability and interaction design materials.
    You becoming an IA then?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Did you get my email RH a while ago, about the project management ebooks?
    Yep I did - sos for not getting back... My role has shifted emphasis and now I'm after HCI, usability and interaction design materials.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    <note to self: don't bother, MM's says it's not Newbury...>

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Oxford Street, Llantrisant, London Colney, Dublin and Swindon.

All the posh places in the world.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X