• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Craked my coccyx

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Craked my coccyx"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    This is no laughing matter.
    I was buggered by a gorilla once and the pain is still with me. He didnt write, he didnt call...

all men are b@stards

Biologically speaking, but a gorilla isn't a man.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Years.

I did mine while skiing over two years ago. I still experience mild pain. The agony does go away after a while. I took medical dose (800mg) ibuprofen three times a day, washed down with schnapps. Fortunately, I could still use the t-bar drag lifts, so I could continue skiing. Needed a cushion at work for about 3 months.
    I have discovered how uncomfortable the seats are in this place today, I also cannot lean back in my usual "I don't give a toss i'm a contracting programmer" manner. The 20 minute walk was also an experience. Still, you can't keep me from a daily rate.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    This is no laughing matter.
    I was buggered by a gorilla once and the pain is still with me. He didnt write, he didnt call...

all men are b@stards

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have cracked it before and the pain lasts for months.
    Years.

I did mine while skiing over two years ago. I still experience mild pain. The agony does go away after a while. I took medical dose (800mg) ibuprofen three times a day, washed down with schnapps. Fortunately, I could still use the t-bar drag lifts, so I could continue skiing. Needed a cushion at work for about 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    He did have his 'cigar' in hand.
    Smoking can seriously harm your health

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    coccyges

(to rhyme with sausages presumably?)
    Really? Well, who says you never learn anything on CUK?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    So. Take good care of your coccyxs boys and girls, otherwise painful misery awaits you.
    coccyges

(to rhyme with sausages presumably?)

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Lot of it about it seems.

The cause of my lower back pain is apprently related to a fracture of the coccyx that must have happened several years ago - even though I was not aware of it at the time (fallen on my arse whilst walking and skiing too many times to notice).

Apparently the bones have knitted in such a way that it's putting pressure on a nerve so that it feels rather like 'toothache of the arse'.

My only resort is surgery (not guaranteed successful) and I will probably need to wait at least 10 months.

So. Take good care of your coccyxs boys and girls, otherwise painful misery awaits you.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Agony.

Out in the garden last night, glass of wine in one hand, cigar in the other looking up at the stars, stumbled backwards and fell onto the rockery. Arse landed on a chunk of sandstone. It felt like I had just been buggered by a gorilla.

Taken about 3 different types of pain killer today and nothing helps.

How ironic, pain in the arse gets pain in the arse

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Agony.

Out in the garden last night, glass of wine in one hand, cigar in the other looking up at the stars, stumbled backwards and fell onto the rockery. Arse landed on a chunk of sandstone. It felt like I had just been buggered by a gorilla.

Sory to hear that. Mrs BP cracked hers last year. Agony for about 6 weeks. Get well soon.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    A coccyx is just a relic of a tail we don't need anyway. If it's cracked, take the opportunity to twist it off altogether and then you won't have the problem again.
    But then he might grow one, like a lizard could.

How brilliant would it be to have a prehensile tail?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    A coccyx is just a relic of a tail we don't need anyway. If it's cracked, take the opportunity to twist it off altogether and then you won't have the problem again.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Agony.

No gay antics for a while then !!

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    I got 2 asprin, 2 cocodamol, another diclofenac and told to flip off. Fat lot of good she was. Bit better today but there may be a painfull event coming up shortly, I did plan ahead and added 1/3 of a bottle of tabasco to my dinner last night.
    Without wishing to be too literal, try adding lots of fluids to your diet. These'll help by making sure that when you are ready to download you're not having to push or strain.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I got 2 asprin, 2 cocodamol, another diclofenac and told to feck off. Fat lot of good she was. Bit better today but there may be a painfull event coming up shortly, I did plan ahead and added 1/3 of a bottle of tabasco to my dinner last night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X