• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend -

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend -"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Fri : DDO online gaming
    Sat : World of Warcraft online gaming
    Sun : Board games, offline gaming

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You might be better off in a Lotus Elan in that case...

http://www.lotuselan.net/publish/the_avengers.shtml
    True - but I bet if she could have chosen - she would have picked an MG

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Saturday - naught
    Busy on Sunday - churchy + churchy fun day + party

But I shall be trying to make up for last weekend which was spent in bed - fully clothed, wrapped in a duvet, hugging a hot water bottle and shiverring! I was NOT a well piggie. I've been at home ALL week and only now feel human again.
    Back to Wimbledon on Monday and invoicing again

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    BBQ
    A bit of family history research
    A glass or two of vino

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    It's The Hat Fair in Winchester this weekend which is a street theatre festival that takes over the town centre. I shall be there this evening for a stroll round. Alas I am also the nominated driver. Tomorrow I'm taking it easy and Sunday we're going to an MG car meeting in the New Forest (the missus has a TF).
    That sounds really good! I've always wanted an old MG - a Bottle Green one, with Chrome bumpers (although rubber would probably be more suitable for me ) - I could pretend to be Mrs Peel!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    It's The Hat Fair in Winchester this weekend which is a street theatre festival that takes over the town centre. I shall be there this evening for a stroll round. Alas I am also the nominated driver. Tomorrow I'm taking it easy and Sunday we're going to an MG car meeting in the New Forest (the missus has a TF).

Leave a comment:

• kfrycholc
    replied
    weekend

sea kayaking - Isle of Man

Leave a comment:

• bassy
    replied
    First weekend in ages where I havent got anything specific I have to do. So I can finally chill and relax, in no particular order:
    Watch Wimbledon, go for a short hike, i might go for a horseride, write some of a friends website and maybe play some computer games. Can't wait

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Nah, he knows well enough that I regard hangovers as self inflicted wounds and as such not deserving of outside assitance
    Yeah - but I bet you would go and get him!
    You might be in a fould and grumpy mood and mutter darkly all the way there and back....... although mine are daughters so it might be slightly different!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Daaaaaad, we got really drunk last night and I can't stop being sick, can you come get us?

Reminds me of my best mates Hen Party a few years ago, in Waterford. Got way too pissed, couldn't face the train home with my stinking hangover - my Dad drove from Dublin to get me
    Nah, he knows well enough that I regard hangovers as self inflicted wounds and as such not deserving of outside assitance

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Obviously CM types faster than me!!

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    What I'm hoping :

A nice weekend with the house to ourselves as Son is off camping with his mates to celebrate his 18th without parental supervision.

Whats likely to happen :

Given the weather forcast I'm expecting a phone call sometime after 11:30 saturday evening; "Daaaaaaaad, it's raining and we're all soaked and cold can you come get us?"

Daaaaaaad ish rain...raining... weer aww shoak.. 'kin shoaked n i luv ya n yooooor my dad n evryfink n ish cold n weeer shoaked n dunno where we are n <lumpy burp> daaad cud you com'n find me cos I feel tulipish.. n <lumpy burp> n <gulp> daaaad Oh Tulip <Loud projectile vomit> daaaad com'n get me pleeeeesh dad.....................

Obviously CM types faster than me!!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Not quite although I did have a large glass of wine at lunch

AP, it's nearly weekend, don't stress!!
    Only 3 more weeks until end of contract

The bench is looking very nice

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    What I'm hoping :

A nice weekend with the house to ourselves as Son is off camping with his mates to celebrate his 18th without parental supervision.

Whats likely to happen :

Given the weather forcast I'm expecting a phone call sometime after 11:30 saturday evening; "Daaaaaaaad, it's raining and we're all soaked and cold can you come get us?"
    Daaaaaad, we got really drunk last night and I can't stop being sick, can you come get us?

Reminds me of my best mates Hen Party a few years ago, in Waterford. Got way too pissed, couldn't face the train home with my stinking hangover - my Dad drove from Dublin to get me

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    What I'm hoping :

Whats likely to happen :

Leave a comment:

Working...
X