• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: best shave

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "best shave"

Collapse

• scotspine
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Just a thought, but you are talking about shaving your "chops" and not your "meat and two veg", right?
    right

thanks men. a lot of good stuff here. i feel i'll be able to walk tall in clientco next week.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Best shave ever was with the Quattro and Dermalogica pre shave, shaving gel and post shave balm. Particularly like the Quattro as it's blisteringly sharp and has a single blade on the back for barber-shop-style accurate scrapery.

Agree re showering/bathing first to soften the hairs. Rinse with cold water to close the pores before putting the balm on. The more metro among us (or those with dry skin) should use a moisturiser afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    You can get a good shave with almost any combination of blade and foam/gel.

Key copmpenents of a good, clean, close shave.
    • Wash the face well beforehand, showering is ideal, to soften the hairs.
    • Put foam or gel onto wet skin, not dry.
    • Change the blade regularly, don't keep hacking away with the same one for months on end. I usually use a fresh one every two weeks.

If you know in advance that you are going to need to look good then dont sahe for a couple of days before hand. You'll get an even closer shave than you would normally.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Works fine for me so long as I keep the skin taut
    and don't do any Disco moves during the operation

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    STOP: Don't ever shave the ball 'fro.
    Works fine for me so long as I keep the skin taut

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    You are Adolf and I claim my £10 ...

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Just a thought, but you are talking about shaving your "chops" and not your "meat and two veg", right?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Grow it for a month and then wax it off.
    Go for the Eddie from Iron Maiden look?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Grow it for a month and then wax it off.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Aye. Another vote here.

Not tried it on my .......
    You can get cream for that

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Is Reggie Perrin around to provide his expert advise?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS Get a life you irritating little twerp!
    Are you about 7 years old?
    Hello bandit No 2

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    I use oil as a beard softener and lubricant and then shave using some great razors made out of recycled yogurt pots. They just seem to fit nicely in my had, much better than the gilette ones. Using oil has the nice advantage of actually being able to see where you are shaving, not where you have shaved.

http://www.nigelsecostore.com/acatal...nd-blades.html

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    As you are a Mod (the fact I would like to maintain my un-banned status) - and of course the fact that I am a genuinly nice bloke....

Could I refer you to the thread:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-wet-dry.html?
    Suggest (very politely) that the Search button is near the top of the screen...

[Drewster puts on real Slimey Brown Noseing the Mods hat to replace the standard Slimey Ingratiating Brown Nosers Hat]
    I would have thought a Man such as yourself would be able to Dry Shave with the edge of a Jet Turbine Blade!
    [/Drewster puts on real Slimey Brown Noseing the Mods hat to replace the standard Slimey Ingratiating Brown Nosers Hat]

[Drewster puts on I think thats over done it just watch me redeem myself hat]
    Twunt
    [/Drewster puts on I think thats over done it just watch me redeem myself hat]

[Drewster thinks better of it and frantically backtracks hat]

[/Drewster thinks better of it and frantically backtracks hat]

[Drewster thinks Oh Tulip I've done it now hat]
    Errrr Bye All... It was nice knowing you all
    [/Drewster thinks Oh Tulip I've done it now hat]
    FFS Get a life you irritating little twerp!
    Are you about 7 years old?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    a man thread for once!

in the opinion of the esteemed consituents what combination of blade & soap/lather/gel etc gives the best wet shave? i'm keen to find out as my current regime has deteriorated noticeably over the past year or so and i'm getting fed up turning up on the clientco site with a face resembling an accident with a toilet roll.

any ideas, experience gratefully received. and apologies if it's been done before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X