• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Andy Murray

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Andy Murray"

Collapse

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I was there too. Pretty much agree with what you said. Gutted I didn't see the Hewitt v Roddick match, looked a cracker. Atmosphere was quite subdued on centre court today.

Looks like the Murray v Federer final is definitely on. I just hope that if (and I think he will although he does have a shot) Murray loses the final these 'bandwagon' fans don't all slate Murray for having failed.
    So I wasn't imagining it then? I wonder why...maybe it's the roof?

You're right about the roddick/hewitt match - absolute belter.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Just back from centre court. Watched Federer's and Murray's matches today. Federer today was playing a different game to anyone else, just completely unstoppable. If they meet in the final (which I hope they do) then Murray will not be able to afford the sluggish start he had today. He does have the game to win though...

As for the 6-2 record. Some of those were when the Fed had mono. Results in grand slam finals is Fed 1-0.
    I was there too. Pretty much agree with what you said. Gutted I didn't see the Hewitt v Roddick match, looked a cracker. Atmosphere was quite subdued on centre court today.

Looks like the Murray v Federer final is definitely on. I just hope that if (and I think he will although he does have a shot) Murray loses the final these 'bandwagon' fans don't all slate Murray for having failed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well, at least the person he plays next (Roddick) will be knackered.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Apart from we will never here the last of a Scots winner of Wimbledon. I still want him to win mind.
    Bit like 1966 every time a world cup comes around?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    if Murray wins everyone is happy!

WIN/WIN situation imo.
    Apart from we will never here the last of a Scots winner of Wimbledon. I still want him to win mind.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Hey how about a CUK gambling thingy? I suppose it would be illegal or something.
    Good idea, I'll bet on Federer - if he wins then CB never darkens CUK's doors again, and if Murray wins everyone is happy!

WIN/WIN situation imo.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hey how about a CUK gambling thingy? I suppose it would be illegal or something.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Murray to beat Federer 3-2 in the final !!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Dont like tennis, dont like Murray, but I hope he wins it.
    I hope the crowd get behind him and he lifts his game in response.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just back from centre court. Watched Federer's and Murray's matches today. Federer today was playing a different game to anyone else, just completely unstoppable. If they meet in the final (which I hope they do) then Murray will not be able to afford the sluggish start he had today. He does have the game to win though.
    My money's also on Federer, but I don't think there was a big gap between the two today. At least, once Murray got into his match, he embarrassed his opponent. Whereas, Federer's opponent was a one-trick pony who won matches just based on a great serve (which he seemed to suck at today relatively).

I think in a final Murray might easily be tense and in that case Federer will destroy him - but if he can play well it would be a close, and great, match. Not as good as Nadal/Federer last year though.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Just back from centre court. Watched Federer's and Murray's matches today. Federer today was playing a different game to anyone else, just completely unstoppable. If they meet in the final (which I hope they do) then Murray will not be able to afford the sluggish start he had today. He does have the game to win though...

As for the 6-2 record. Some of those were when the Fed had mono. Results in grand slam finals is Fed 1-0.
    Don't disagree, but my point is that Murray is capable of beating him, so is Nadal and maybe Djokavich - no one else is. And Murray has as good a record against him as anyone, no matter what the reasons ...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    ...but when federer or nadal play murray in a slam, they seem to take it a little more seriously. A federer in a slam is not the same as a federer in an ordinary tournament - especially on grass. As his opponents thus far have discovered.
    Murray beat Nadal in the semi of the US open last year, think he was so knackered after that that federer made easy work of him in the final ... or it could be that first time and learning etc.

Federer is still favourite, but Murray has the ability to beat him.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    It'd be a final if it happens, so it's different but Murray's record against Federer is pretty good ... 6 - 2 ...

Make of that what you will.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    It'd be a final if it happens, so it's different but Murray's record against Federer is pretty good ... 6 - 2 ...

...but when federer or nadal play murray in a slam, they seem to take it a little more seriously. A federer in a slam is not the same as a federer in an ordinary tournament - especially on grass. As his opponents thus far have discovered.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Doesn't matter. If he goes thro' Federer will dismantle him in the final anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X