• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cybermans Ignore List"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    CyberTwunt is more to be pitied than mocked. It must be hard to be a conservative Tory old queen. It probably accounts for why he can hold several conflicting opinions none of which make any sense.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    He called me a plonker when I pointed out some holes in his facts/logic on one of the aircrash threads. I must declare an interest - I am fascinated by air disasters - but from an engineering and human causal factors perspective rather than rubbernecking at dead and injured people

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    I'm with Xoggoth. I love reading Cyberman's posts, often when he's right people will still argue just to try and put him down, and when he's not right it's still funny.
    The best thing is he doesn't appear to give a toss what any of you think.
    I don't think he is right that often!

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    I'm with Xoggoth. I love reading Cyberman's posts, often when he's right people will still argue just to try and put him down, and when he's not right it's still funny.
    The best thing is he doesn't appear to give a toss what any of you think.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Perhaps I don't read a lot a lot of Cyberman's posts because my impression of him has been that in the main he responds politely to criticism and personal attacks.
    Erm I think you might want to double check that... he constantly calls me either thick or stupid and in one post told me that "he hoped I would lose my job!" - But then I am Irish and clearly over here taking another hardworking English persons job... yeah right!

He is nasty and vile. His obscene use of laughing smilies after mentioning some tragedy or other makes me feel sick.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I did put him on ignore but people always quote the bugger.
    Yeah - annoying isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Oh alright peoples, I'll retire this particular sockpuppet.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I did put him on ignore but people always quote the bugger.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He comes out with wild statements, cliches and sterotypes yet does little to back up his assertions. He repeats said cliches. over and over and over and over again ad infinitum. It's either a form of brainwashing or he has stupidity tourettes. Most people on here will attempt to back up their aguments, unless they are trolling. I thought he was a troll or a sockpuppet, but it long ago ceased to be funny.

He seems to have an aviation disaster fetish which serves him with endless entertainment. That is just weird!

He NEVER addresses counter arguments, he lives in a very black and white world where everything has it's box.
    I can appreciate some people might like him because his views are 'safe' simple stereotypes based on anecdotal evidence with mild racist undertones. A very simple, unscientific and introspective way of thinking and long a tradition on this board.
    not weird - sick. That is what finished me off.

But if people don't like him why not just put him on ignore? The only problem you then have is people quoting him. Harping on about him will only inflate his ego.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Nah, I have - stuff that is demonstratably wrong. Factual type stuff, plenty of it.
    Originally posted by Homer Simpson
    Facts? You can prove anything that's even remotely true with facts
    Seriously though, just because you can list some facts doesn't mean you have proved yourself right... there are about a million facts on either side of the whole global warming debate for a start.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    CyberTwunt's "arguments" consist of making unsupported (by data) assertions and then repeating them ad infinitum. It is this MO that justifiably hacks people off.

HTH
    Sas, this is an internet forum, you'll (probably) never meet the "people" who post on here, so enter into the spirit of the ideal, debate if you have an opinion, ignore if you don't. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    He comes out with wild statements, cliches and sterotypes yet does little to back up his assertions. He repeats said cliches. over and over and over and over again ad infinitum. It's either a form of brainwashing or he has stupidity tourettes. Most people on here will attempt to back up their aguments, unless they are trolling. I thought he was a troll or a sockpuppet, but it long ago ceased to be funny.

He seems to have an aviation disaster fetish which serves him with endless entertainment. That is just weird!

He NEVER addresses counter arguments, he lives in a very black and white world where everything has it's box.
    I can appreciate some people might like him because his views are 'safe' simple stereotypes based on anecdotal evidence with mild racist undertones. A very simple, unscientific and introspective way of thinking and long a tradition on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I enjoy baiting him and pointing out the contrary view to his. I think he is badly misguided about many things but he's not always plain wrong in the same way he would say I always am. I even agree with him occasionally. His ridiculous blinkered Tory dogma is highly amusing, more so when he denies it and then offers repeated conclusive proof of it.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Second Timber Wolf on most of that, on this thread anyway. Laughing at other's misfortunes? Missed those. Terrible, unless it was Labour MPs obviously. Labour MPs being beaten to death, set on fire and dissolved in acid (in any order) would be hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I don't recall seeing him being proved wrong. People usually argue about things that don't have a right of wrong, are too complex to have a right or wrong or are just a matter of opinion.
    Nah, I have - stuff that is demonstratably wrong. Factual type stuff, plenty of it.

edit - anyway, pointless conversation. You either have, or haven't. Plenty here have and I'm kinda over talking about him, he's not really worth spending minutes of my day discussing, so given I'm on his ignore list I think I'll now call it a day on him
    Last edited by snaw; 1 July 2009, 20:45.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Very polite that one.

Read many of his laughing at others misfortune posts? The not so funny kind of laughig ones?

Or innumerable posts where he makes wild statements of fact, gets proved wrong then completely ignores it?
    I don't recall seeing him being proved wrong. People usually argue about things that don't have a right of wrong, are too complex to have a right or wrong or are just a matter of opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X