• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Keeping Busy...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Keeping Busy..."

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    I've no need of motivation, with a golden retriever who is *determined* to keep me amused.

Leave a comment:

• MrNoMotivation
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Okay so the wife and kids are off to Spain next weekend to visit the Grandparents for the week, leaving me at home (through choice)

Have got my list of home chores to do but any (constructive !) ideas as to how I can also fill my time in between the flood of calls I expect to be receiving re. roles... ?

Thanking you all
    Chores in the morning and then watch Wimbledon in the afternoon/evening. It starts next Monday.

Talking about list of chores. Does anyone else find that once you've finished one the wife has another one lined up? Really getting on my nerves now.

However, if I ask her to do something she either takes months to do it or does it really badly that I end up finishing it.
    Last edited by MrNoMotivation; 15 June 2009, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Since retiring I have filled my time by continually repainting the kitchen with various shades of orange because the ** missus can't make up her mind what shade she wants. Very fulfilling.
    Just paint it off-white then provide her with a pair of glasses to which you attach slivers of coloured cellophane. These are easily changed to suit her position in her menstrual cycle.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Since retiring I have filled my time by continually repainting the kitchen with various shades of orange because the ** missus can't make up her mind what shade she wants. Very fulfilling.

Just tell her to **** off !!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    At my house there's no end of painting and cleaning and gardening and repairs. So if you have nothing to do and fancy a trip to the armpit of England..come to East Lancs!

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    A bit of training, a few more certs etc.

Do a bit of IT related work for some charity (good to fill gaps in CV and keeps you on your toes).

Go on holiday yourself. Walking holidays don't cost much & is amazing to see the detail that you have missed in the past.

Think of ways to tell the wife that you like the kitchen the way it is after all and spend the week in the sun with a few beers.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I suggest you use photochromic paint next time, and if she changes her mind again just tweak the thermostat a couple of degrees.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Join one of these new fangled dating websites for no-strings-attached-flings. Should keep you busy for the week.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    A surprise decorating project perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Any ideas then anyone ?
    Pot Noodle.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Doesn't your p..n collection need review and improved?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Any ideas then anyone ?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    started a topic Keeping Busy...

Keeping Busy...

Okay so the wife and kids are off to Spain next weekend to visit the Grandparents for the week, leaving me at home (through choice)

Have got my list of home chores to do but any (constructive !) ideas as to how I can also fill my time in between the flood of calls I expect to be receiving re. roles... ?

Thanking you all

Working...
X