• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bruno puts bum in Eminems face, Eminem not amused"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    Look up the 8-track tape, it was popular from 1965 to the late 70's. I enjoy being your teacher, it makes me feel like I'm imparting
    Ouch, my ankle's hurting.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I don't , I was just talking about eminem and saying I was a fan, and how he doesn't take himself too seriously (You'd know that, being a hip hop fan clearly).

You on the other hand came out with this gem:

I think that's game, set, match. Or should we say slam dunk, given we're kind of across the pond?
    Look up the 8-track tape, it was popular from 1965 to the late 70's. I enjoy being your teacher, it makes me feel like I'm imparting

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    "Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher [...] your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I believe it's spelt Africa Bambaataa expert. I was also listening at that time, why do you think you're so elite again?

LOL, so ******* pedantic.
    I don't , I was just talking about eminem and saying I was a fan, and how he doesn't take himself too seriously (You'd know that, being a hip hop fan clearly).

You on the other hand came out with this gem:
    I was listening to Eminem when he called himself White Pac Man Illmatic, googling that may not help we had mix tapes then. Maybe you shouldn't pick fights with hip hop fans LOL
    I think that's game, set, match. Or should we say slam dunk, given we're kind of across the pond?

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    I did start listening to Africa Bambatta though, LL Cool J, RUn DMC and from there after.

Any idea how much of a dick you're looking like right now?
    I believe it's spelt Africa Bambaataa expert. I was also listening at that time, why do you think you're so elite again?

LOL, so ******* pedantic.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Is this going to become an East Coast vs West Coast thread?
    Nah, more of a Jock vs Twunt thang.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    LOL, Hip Hop started in the early 60's noob, so you were about 25 odd years late to the party. Look up Universal Zulu Nation, HTH
    Unless you're in yer 50's and we're born in the south bronx then that fact is meaningless. Hip hop didn't break outside of NYC till the late 70's - I was in single figures then, so it would have been pretty unusual for me to be listening to a new musical form emanating from a city on a different continent, in an age before the internet.

I did start listening to Africa Bambatta though, LL Cool J, RUn DMC and from there after.

If you're claiming you got a jump on me, with your 'mix tape' buddies you're talking complete and utter bollocks.

Any idea how much of a dick you're looking like right now?

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    What, back in Detroit?

I've been listening to hip hop for 25 years biaatch. Way back when no one liked it, and you had to find some very obscure stations at odd times to hear it.

So get your hand off it.
    LOL, Hip Hop started in the early 60's noob, so you were about 25 odd years late to the party. Look up Universal Zulu Nation, HTH

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Is this going to become an East Coast vs West Coast thread?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I was listening to Eminem when he called himself White Pac Man Illmatic, googling that may not help we had mix tapes then. Maybe you shouldn't pick fights with hip hop fans LOL
    What, back in Detroit?

I've been listening to hip hop for 25 years biaatch. Way back when no one liked it, and you had to find some very obscure stations at odd times to hear it.

So get your hand off it.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    I didn't - I'm posting an independent review to reinforce my point (If you could read you'd see I've made it a few times now ...).

I'm an eminem fan, been listening to him since way way back. Go research for yourself, it's not exactly a niche opinion that eminem is by and large taking the piss out of himself, and most of his lyrics are tongue in cheek against an American establishment that is hypocritical - he's like a troll on this board, he's getting a rise from them by saying exactly what they think he stands for, but not realising he's usually taking the piss.

You'd get that though, eh?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    In his position, that's what I would have said. I don't know about you, but I'm convinced.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    That's a review of the whole LP from Amazon FFS?

You did not just reinforce your credibility I am afraid, just listen to the lyrics they are not upbeat - you don't need some journo alchoholic to tell you what they mean
    I didn't - I'm posting an independent review to reinforce my point (If you could read you'd see I've made it a few times now ...).

I'm an eminem fan, been listening to him since way way back. Go research for yourself, it's not exactly a niche opinion that eminem is by and large taking the piss out of himself, and most of his lyrics are tongue in cheek against an American establishment that is hypocritical - he's like a troll on this board, he's getting a rise from them by saying exactly what they think he stands for, but not realising he's usually taking the piss.

You'd get that though, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    I'd say he was saying don't take him too seriously. In the context of the album (Marshall Marthers) where he's repeatedly stating that, don't take him seriously, and that most of what he's saying is joking.

Here's the amazon review:
    That's a review of the whole LP from Amazon FFS?

You did not just reinforce your credibility I am afraid, just listen to the lyrics they are not upbeat - you don't need some journo alchoholic to tell you what they mean

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I have, he appears to be taking himself pretty seriously.
    I'd say he was saying don't take him too seriously. In the context of the album (Marshall Marthers) where he's repeatedly stating that, don't take him seriously, and that most of what he's saying is joking.

Here's the amazon review:

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? On Eminem's sophomore album, he can't decide who he wants to be: the deranged pseudo-psycho of the Slim Shady LP, or a nice guy who just likes to rhyme about slicing and dicing his girlfriend ("Kim"). Of course, according to Eminem, he's just kidding. He refuses to take responsibility for the misogynistic, homophobic bile he spews, whining that he's the victim of people who don't get his unique sense of humor. It's good old America's fault if the kids aren't alright (Eminem blames bad parenting), and he's just capitalizing on Uncle Sam's dark side. On the Marshall Mathers LP, he's ambivalent about his fame, angry at his life, pissed off that people take him seriously, and fightin' mad at boy bands--and a lot of other white people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X