• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bruno puts bum in Eminems face, Eminem not amused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    Watch the video 'Stan' again.
    Listen to the lyrics.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Listen to the lyrics.
      I have, he appears to be taking himself pretty seriously.
      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

I have, he appears to be taking himself pretty seriously.
        I'd say he was saying don't take him too seriously. In the context of the album (Marshall Marthers) where he's repeatedly stating that, don't take him seriously, and that most of what he's saying is joking.

Here's the amazon review:

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? On Eminem's sophomore album, he can't decide who he wants to be: the deranged pseudo-psycho of the Slim Shady LP, or a nice guy who just likes to rhyme about slicing and dicing his girlfriend ("Kim"). Of course, according to Eminem, he's just kidding. He refuses to take responsibility for the misogynistic, homophobic bile he spews, whining that he's the victim of people who don't get his unique sense of humor. It's good old America's fault if the kids aren't alright (Eminem blames bad parenting), and he's just capitalizing on Uncle Sam's dark side. On the Marshall Mathers LP, he's ambivalent about his fame, angry at his life, pissed off that people take him seriously, and fightin' mad at boy bands--and a lot of other white people.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I'd say he was saying don't take him too seriously. In the context of the album (Marshall Marthers) where he's repeatedly stating that, don't take him seriously, and that most of what he's saying is joking.

Here's the amazon review:
          That's a review of the whole LP from Amazon FFS?

You did not just reinforce your credibility I am afraid, just listen to the lyrics they are not upbeat - you don't need some journo alchoholic to tell you what they mean

Comment

That's a review of the whole LP from Amazon FFS?

You did not just reinforce your credibility I am afraid, just listen to the lyrics they are not upbeat - you don't need some journo alchoholic to tell you what they mean
            I didn't - I'm posting an independent review to reinforce my point (If you could read you'd see I've made it a few times now ...).

I'm an eminem fan, been listening to him since way way back. Go research for yourself, it's not exactly a niche opinion that eminem is by and large taking the piss out of himself, and most of his lyrics are tongue in cheek against an American establishment that is hypocritical - he's like a troll on this board, he's getting a rise from them by saying exactly what they think he stands for, but not realising he's usually taking the piss.

You'd get that though, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              In his position, that's what I would have said. I don't know about you, but I'm convinced.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I didn't - I'm posting an independent review to reinforce my point (If you could read you'd see I've made it a few times now ...).

I'm an eminem fan, been listening to him since way way back. Go research for yourself, it's not exactly a niche opinion that eminem is by and large taking the piss out of himself, and most of his lyrics are tongue in cheek against an American establishment that is hypocritical - he's like a troll on this board, he's getting a rise from them by saying exactly what they think he stands for, but not realising he's usually taking the piss.

You'd get that though, eh?
                I was listening to Eminem when he called himself White Pac Man Illmatic, googling that may not help we had mix tapes then. Maybe you shouldn't pick fights with hip hop fans LOL

Comment

I was listening to Eminem when he called himself White Pac Man Illmatic, googling that may not help we had mix tapes then. Maybe you shouldn't pick fights with hip hop fans LOL
                  What, back in Detroit?

I've been listening to hip hop for 25 years biaatch. Way back when no one liked it, and you had to find some very obscure stations at odd times to hear it.

So get your hand off it.

Comment

Is this going to become an East Coast vs West Coast thread?

Comment

What, back in Detroit?

I've been listening to hip hop for 25 years biaatch. Way back when no one liked it, and you had to find some very obscure stations at odd times to hear it.

So get your hand off it.
                      LOL, Hip Hop started in the early 60's noob, so you were about 25 odd years late to the party. Look up Universal Zulu Nation, HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X