• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "what kind of music floats your boat"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Do you include the nisopod strumming of the Aventadaes from Signar 4 ?

I'm currently working on a concept album, featuring folk music from around the universe.

Almost done and just Morgrimm Episilon to visit to capture the R'keh Lang'too Shr'ell music of the slavers.

It's a very vocal music, and consists of hawking gobbets of sputum which are delicately shaped to whistle mid-flight before striking albino kittens (the slaves).

Apparently it's a form of mating ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    More than one genre floats my boat!

I declare this poll flawed!
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    tulipe poll. No classical or jazz?
    Mmmm Nice

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/14/15...6975fc7eb0.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was deliberately misquoting.
    To comic effect I might add

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I was deliberately misquoting.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I like both kinds of music. Rock and Roll.

Well I'm feelin' so bad
    In the middle of polls
    Cos' the blues isn't there
    It's just not fair (tm)
    Surley you mean Country and Western?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I like both kinds of music. Rock and Roll.

Well I'm feelin' so bad
    In the middle of polls
    Cos' the blues isn't there
    It's just not fair (tm)

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Brazillica lounge. Great music for submission wrestling or similar sports.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Acid rock. I abstain from the poll.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I do the same thing, generally to the derision of those who don't remember the bands I'm comparing them to.

Popular music is largely derivative. After a while older bands and sounds get forgotton and are re-invented by the next generation.

There is very little genuinely original sounding new music around.
    Thats not to say there is no good music around, just that by and large it's re-interpreting what has gone before.
    Agree with that, pretty much every music type and band - new or not, is influenced in some way by what has gone before.

I still love it, though I'm finding this year a bit stagnant in terms of new bands, or great albums.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I do the same thing, generally to the derision of those who don't remember the bands I'm comparing them to.

Popular music is largely derivative. After a while older bands and sounds get forgotton and are re-invented by the next generation.

Thats not to say there is no good music around, just that by and large it's re-interpreting what has gone before.
    That happens A LOT

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'd say that there is new music and then there is the Simon Cowell inspired crap - like the Stock Aiken and waterman rubbish from the 80's and 90's. Endless cover versions done by disposable 'artists'.

I generally listen to music by rock bands - not really a fan of soloists. Of the current crop I listen to Counting Crows, Three Doors Down, Lifehouse, Stained and the like.

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    Obviously no music before 1950 is enjoyable anymore ?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    tulipe poll. No classical or jazz?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I like bits from all types of music, I cannot simply pin it down to one genre, the same way that I don't have one favorite record (although Teenage Kicks comes pretty close).
    I like all the music I grew up with, but i also enjoy listening to new stuff, but I have found of late I've developed an annoying habit. When listening to a new band I liken them to someone else, for example I heard something last night ( I forget the name of the band) but I described them as sounding like a young Prefab Sprout. Is that an age thing?

<goes for a coffee and a spot of Cradle of Filth>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X