• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Secret cash stash

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Secret cash stash"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So far, apparently you're not one of the cynical mob whose marriages are doomed from the outset.

It's very easy for me. If we separate, she gets everything.
    That’s how it usually works. I paid for everything so she gets to keep it all.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    OK but if you know you're pretty much headed for a divorce, can't you just walk into a bank and take out a shedload of cash and then hide it somewhere?
    Then you go to divorce court, she alleges that you must have more money than you claim, the court orders up your details from the banks and sees this withdrawal, so it includes that amount in your wealth. Hope you haven't spent it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    Prompted by a thread on divorce, how many of you have money put away that your partner doesn't know about, and more crucially, why?

Am I the only naive one who doesn't have a secret stash?

Poll to follow.
    So far, apparently you're not one of the cynical mob whose marriages are doomed from the outset.

It's very easy for me. If we separate, she gets everything.

Leave a comment:

• GardenGirl
    replied
    Prompted by a thread on divorce, how many of you have money put away that your partner doesn't know about, and more crucially, why?

Poll to follow.
    No we keep our money together. I Think it raises a question of trust if you don't which isn't a good start for a lasting relationship.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Can't vote on client site.

I have bank accounts in the diffierent countries I worked in. Hell I don't even know how much money I have.

I should check them, they could have been emptied, I would not know

I'll happily check them for you? Just PM me your bank details and I'll even enter the details on a spreadsheet for you...

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    OK but if you know you're pretty much headed for a divorce, can't you just walk into a bank and take out a shedload of cash and then hide it somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    I have a jar of 2p and 1p coins - does that count?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    No - I was naive too - then my ex got all the money.

So no stash then and no stash now
    Likewise. Only later when I looked at it I realised that she must have had a stash.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

Poll to follow.
    Can't vote on client site.

I have bank accounts in the diffierent countries I worked in. Hell I don't even know how much money I have.

I should check them, they could have been emptied, I would not know

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    No - I was naive too - then my ex got all the money.

So no stash then and no stash now

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I believe that there are still some countries where you can enter a bank, buy gold over the counter and then store it in the safes without too many questions. You used to be able to do that in Switzerland and Belgium; maybe you still can.
    In the UK it's notifiable to HMRC over £5k in one hit, £10k a year.

However, I've also read that nobody actually does anything with that information.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I believe that there are still some countries where you can enter a bank, buy gold over the counter and then store it in the safes without too many questions. You used to be able to do that in Switzerland and Belgium; maybe you still can.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    My wife doesn't own shares in the business and I only pay myself just under the higher rate threshold each year through divvis so it's all in the company.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    started a poll Secret cash stash

Secret cash stash

Yes, in case my partners divorces me in the future.
    7.69%
    No, we share everything and live in blissful harmony.
    69.23%
    Andy W has stolen all my money.
    23.08%

Poll to follow.

Working...
X