• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oh for FFS...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh for FFS..."

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    given that we're in this mess due to G Brown Esq, it's f-f-f-f-f-f-ffs, surely?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Have you never watched 'open all hours'?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    "Oh Fer,fer,fer,fer,fer, FFS Granville!"

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Why is noone discussing the more serious matter at hand here?

It's not "Oh For FFS" FFS, it's "Oh FFS"!
    What do you think the first F stands for?!!

FFS

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Why is noone discussing the more serious matter at hand here?

It's not "Oh For FFS" FFS, it's "Oh FFS"!
    What do you think the first F stands for?!!

FFS

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    At last, a news story that doesn't focus on all the 'poor' home owners that have over-stretched themselves.

Cry me a river, if I have endure one more 'news' story that some buggers that were in a relationship and bought a property but have now split up but can't move out and so have to continue living together and it's "such a difficult situation to be in" I might... well, not scream as that's a bit over-dramatic, but I'll at least bitch and moan about it (the British way).

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Was it a Vectra per chance?
    Actually it was a Cavalier.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I bought a new car with the money I'd saved.
    Was it a Vectra per chance?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've been there. About 10 years ago, I was renting a flat that was repossessed because the landlord wasn't paying the mortgage. On receiving the first notice, I spoke to a solicitor who told me I had no rights whatsoever and there would be an eviction notice in due course. So I stopped paying the rent, and waited to be evicted, which came 4 months later.

Only problem was that I only ended up with 7 days notice of eviction, rather than the 28 days I'd been led to believe, which caused lots of grief and I ended up in a B&B for a week. But still, 4 months of rent free living wasn't bad at all. I bought a new car with the money I'd saved.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I don't understand.

Every tenancy agreement I've had for the past 8 years (about six) have said I will be evicted within a month if I miss a payment.

Each contract actually comes with the eviction notice.

Is that because I'm going through a letting agency instead of a person-to-person arrangement privately?
    Scare tactics and not enforceable in law.
    As a tennant if you stop paying rent there is no way on earth the landlord could get you out in a month if you wanted to be and arse. Just refuse to leave and make up some bollocks about the house not being fit, the landlord has no rights to enter the property without a court order and police presence, which can take years to get...

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Tenants fears over home loss

I heard software developers earn thousands of pounds a week, stand on your own two feet man.

My step dad has only just managed to evict a junky who didn't pay rent for 12 months, it cost him his health because at 65 he had to drive a taxi all hours just to make ends meet. Whinging tenants make me sick, are we supposed to fell sorry for the guy who could just rent somewhere else? What about the landlord who has far more to lose?

Stop ******* whinging! The guy has being paying his rent but his landlord hasnt been making payments on his BTL's ffs. The tennant is rightly angry because he's been paying rent on time but the landlord hasnt been paying his mortgages. The first the tennant knew was when he got a letter of eviction.

Just because someone is earning a wedge doesnt mean they cant or shouldnt rent.

Im sorry for your old fella but the two circumstances are vastly different.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    And the beauty is you can spend housing benefit on whatever you like as no-one is going to force you to pay the rent.
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Totally agree. Landlord/tenant arrangements in the private sector should be a matter of contract agreed, nothing else.
    I don't understand.

Every tenancy agreement I've had for the past 8 years (about six) have said I will be evicted within a month if I miss a payment.

Each contract actually comes with the eviction notice.

Is that because I'm going through a letting agency instead of a person-to-person arrangement privately?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Totally agree. Landlord/tenant arrangements in the private sector should be a matter of contract agreed, nothing else. Other than to enforce the contract the law should have nothing to do with it.

My father had a couple of low cost rented properties. You are quite right, too many tenants are parasites, expect the earth and stop paying rent when it suits.

One could argue for social protection in some circumstances (although not being a lefty, I don't) but the cost of that should fall on the taxpayer as a whole, not on individual landlords.

Leave a comment:

• iaann
    replied
    Hi,

I know that's not the place but..

How can i send an MP?

Cheers (:

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    And the beauty is you can spend housing benefit on whatever you like as no-one is going to force you to pay the rent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X