• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone want to buy my place on a PRINCE2 course in Birmingham w/c 11 May"

Collapse

• arty
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
    You're on the wrong site. This isn't e-bay.
    Turns out I wasn't, and it is.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Birmingham.....isn't that north of Watford somewhere?
    Its full of bedsits and squirrel mloestors.

Leave a comment:

• arty
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    How much do you want seeing as I am still benched!!!!
    I've sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Was last time I looked - thankfully!

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by arty View Post
    Hi,

I was expecting to be on the bench from today, but have unexpectedly been extended at the last minute. I made the rookie mistake of booking a training course which I can no longer a attend, and the terms will mean I get no refund - but I can can send a substitute.

Details:
    • 5 day course with Foundation & Practitioner exams included
    • Start date 11th May

Make me an offer!

Arty.

How much do you want seeing as I am still benched!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by arty View Post
    £795 + VAT.
    That's a lot cheaper than I thought. And definately not worth taking 5 days off a contract for.

Leave a comment:

• arty
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What is the original price paid?
    £795 + VAT.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What is the original price paid?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Please bear in mind that a Prince2 qualification doesn't teach you how to be a PM.
    That's easily remedied: Prince 2 for Dummies

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought: Project Management for Dummies

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its another CV filter filler.

Actually did the course I found it easier than self study.
    Same, the group study environment was helpful and the instructor was excellent with very useful exam advice, going through exam model answers and marking Practitioner mock exams done in the evenings.
    When I did mine it was in the days of essay type answers in the Practitioner exam.

I'm glad I did a course as being an experienced PM already was more of a hindrance than a help when it came to the exam as I would naturally shortcut some stages which would have lost me marks.

It's a tick in the box for CV filtering, it doesn't teach you how to be a PM, but it is actually useful as a methodology (NOT method) as a real PM.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Whs

Its another CV filter filler.

Actually did the course I found it easier than self study.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    You can buy the manual for about £45 and study it.
    There are providers of CBT type training.
    There are study guides available.
    You can probably track down sample papers.

The exams can be booked and paid for without a course.

Self study is possible, but I understand that the pass rate for pure self study candidates is lower than that for course attendees.

Please bear in mind that a Prince2 qualification doesn't teach you how to be a PM.
    ...you would be amazed how many HR departments (and even IT directors), don't know that.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Anyone know of any alternative ways of studying this course? I hate the thought of 5 days of cramming in a classroom atmosphere with rushed exams at the end........5 days later and most is forgotten
    You can buy the manual for about £45 and study it.
    There are providers of CBT type training.
    There are study guides available.
    You can probably track down sample papers.

The exams can be booked and paid for without a course.

Self study is possible, but I understand that the pass rate for pure self study candidates is lower than that for course attendees.

Leave a comment:

• GardenGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Anyone know of any alternative ways of studying this course? I hate the thought of 5 days of cramming in a classroom atmosphere with rushed exams at the end........5 days later and most is forgotten
    You can do a self study passport through spoce. I did mine this way and passed with flying colours. don't believe the time it takes though i took 3 weeks averaging 1.5 hours a day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X