• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The CUK Official Ten Commandments"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Thous shalt not believe in climate change
    On the seventh day thou shalt give it a rest.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    "Last Activity: 1st March 2009 12:54 ". Its a great shame : I hope he returns soon.
    No "he" won't as I've retired "him" - permanently...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Did I miss something?
    "Last Activity: 1st March 2009 12:54 ". Its a great shame : I hope he returns soon.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Deserving of geek points methinks. Shame xeno is no longer with us
    Did I miss something?

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    no, AtW's right on this one, but is digging himself out of earlier slip I think

http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/converter.php

I realised this and thought I had deleted my original post before anyone quited it. Obviously you were typing away when I hit the delete button.

Damn! Foiled again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    AtW is a past master of using diversionary tactics to cover up being wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Either way you didnt get the "final" commandment then
    WHS, was my point

AtW is a past master of using diversionary tactics to cover up being wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Just as well I am an atheist.
    Last edited by AtW; 8 April 2009, 16:30.

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    9. Thou shalt not buy to let thy neighbours house

(boomed, doomed, boomed, doomed, boomed.... stuff this for a game of soldiers, I'm off to invest in gold)

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    2 pages on topic, that's pretty good.

Thou shalt not go off topic...

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Thou shalt not covet the cost of Cybertory's soaring house price.

They only found 10 commandments - how do you kinow there was not more?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are missing - if we use octals then TEN in title of the thread means 8 in decimal, or 10 in octal. Geddit?

Kids these days

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    So, if we'd been using Octal then you didn't post the last commandment. No? And if it was decimal then you're wrong.

0 or 1?
    *sign*

Thread title calls for TEN commendements. The last one (number 10 or TEN) was stating that only octal system should be used. Losers who posted commendment #8 are disqualified since there is no digit 8 (or 9) in octal system.

Happy now snaw?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Is this the SKA news you were promising us?
    No, those are very imminent now though...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octal

XY where X and Y are digits from 0 to 7 (no 8 digit in octal system just like there is no 2 digit in binary)

X*8^1+Y*8^0

8^1 is 8, and 8^0 is always 1, so, simplified for retards who took meeedia studies rather than maths:

X*8+Y is the formulae, Y can't be more than 7. So what are X and Y if we need to get 8 out of it? Obviously X is 1 and Y is 0, hence octal number 10 (ten) is decimal 8.

Run your windows calculator in Scientific mode and type 10 while in Octal mode, then switch mode to Decimal and it will be 8.

HTH
    Is this the SKA news you were promising us?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X