• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Black cars are to be banned"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Then the US Army will just have to paint all their stealth planes a fetching shade of pink
    If you're thinking about the F117, there's a reason it's called "Nighthawk"...

The B2 is grey(ish).

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I don’t want to be pedantic but... it’s very cold at 50,000ft so I'd imagine they wouldn't need to deflect any heat.
    Added to that the F117 isn't flying any more, they've been scrapped.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Wasn't April Fools day yesterday???

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Very few black cars in California anyway - your average joe knows how hot they get in the sun, especially while parked up. Black is just not a sought-after colour there like I suppose it is in British Isles,

Its a bit European to ban them though,

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Then the US Army will just have to paint all their stealth planes a fetching shade of pink
    I don’t want to be pedantic but... it’s very cold at 50,000ft so I'd imagine they wouldn't need to deflect any heat.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    The French could still see them.

Je vois la vie en rose...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe a component of tax related to the colour of your car and the climate where you live is in order.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Black cars banned??

Isn't that racist?

Leave a comment:

• spoons
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Back when Landrovers were proper vehicles you could get a "Sunroof" for them. It was basically a second roof that fitted above the original with a gap of about an inch between them. This kept the sun off the real roof and when moving generated a flow of air through the gap that cooled the interior.
    Wasn't that referred to as a 'Safari' roof?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Back when Landrovers were proper vehicles you could get a "Sunroof" for them. It was basically a second roof that fitted above the original with a gap of about an inch between them. This kept the sun off the real roof and when moving generated a flow of air through the gap that cooled the interior.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    What about metalic black cars?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    What about really dark blue?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Well there must be a good reason why white cars are more popular in Mediterranean countries, seems logical to me.

Every little helps™

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Black cars are to be banned

Black cars are to be banned

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/sh...e-of-blac.html

News that California may ban the sale of black cars for climate protection reasons raised the hackles of many a petrolhead yesterday.

At the root of the stir was a presentation (pdf) by the Environmental Protection Agency's Air Resources Board (CARB).

The Cool Paints initiative suggests that the state should set a minimum level of reflectivity for all car paints and windows.

More reflective vehicles, goes the idea, could stay up to 10 °C cooler in the sunshine state - this in turn could reduce the need to have air conditioning on and thereby cut greenhouse-gas emissions.

God give me strength.

Working...
X