• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nationwide house prices for March - simple poll"

Collapse

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    So, house prices rose in February and March. We should still only go by the Land Registry figures for accuracy, but this is indeed heartening. Bearing in mind that mortgages are still hard to get, this means to me that we will see a boom once the market for mortgages normalises.

Houses still remain the best investment, and since I will have a 4 bed detached from June with 95% equity and paying a nominal sum on my mortgage, surely nobody can argue that renting is a better option !!
    D E L U D E D M O R O N

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Dont you think I deserve an apology, you piss taking arsehole?
    No. Next.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    So, house prices rose in February and March. We should still only go by the Land Registry figures for accuracy, but this is indeed heartening. Bearing in mind that mortgages are still hard to get, this means to me that we will see a boom once the market for mortgages normalises.

Houses still remain the best investment, and since I will have a 4 bed detached from June with 95% equity and paying a nominal sum on my mortgage, surely nobody can argue that renting is a better option !!
    Last edited by Cyberman; 2 April 2009, 10:21.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    What happened to your Avatar SA? I like a nice pussy, but your other one was much prettier

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Go Sally! Go Sally! Go Sally!

Well done SallyAnne!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7977683.stm

House prices rose

Dont you think I deserve an apology, you piss taking arsehole?

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    There are plenty of bankrupts whose lives are far better than yours.

HTH.
    corpses

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Rent is not a waste if it saves you from overextending yourself and getting your life screwed by being made bankrupt.

House prices will need to fall by 50% off their peak to approach anything close to fair value, right now they are closer to fair failure.

There are plenty of bankrupts whose lives are far better than yours.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I suppose from the buyers point of view (who I gather is currently renting), at some point in time they would prefer a place of their own and would accept a potential hit in house prices falling, so long as that is around the same level as they are currently wasting on rent.
    Rent is not a waste if it saves you from overextending yourself and getting your life screwed by being made bankrupt.

House prices will need to fall by 50% off their peak to approach anything close to fair value, right now they are closer to fair failure.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I bet Kirsty Alsopp creamed her pants on hearing this news.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    With average house prices still ~40% above the long term price to earnings ratio, I'd sit tight yet before buying. Eventually, the market will return to close to its long term average. I'm impressed if DP really is sitting on £500k cash. I'd be able to retire on that or at least only work 4 months a year.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Well done SallyAnne!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7977683.stm

House prices rose in March for the first time since October 2007, according to the Nationwide.

The building society said that property prices increased by 0.9% compared with the previous month.

That reduced the annual rate of house price falls from 17.6% in February to 15.7% in March, with the average UK home costing £150,946.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

PPS. I won't bother posting any more properties here to bore you with.
    Don't stop on my account. Whatever keeps you off the balcony

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Dreaming about upgrading and posting your fantasy house on a bulletin board for 3 years is a far better strategy in the current climate I am sure you will agree
    Building up £500K in cash from cashing-in on the property boom and then waiting for the rock bottom is working out quite well actually.

I can wait another year or two if needs be. By then the cash pot will have grown somewhat too.

PS. Plus I have my own house paid off so it's no hardship.

PPS. I won't bother posting any more properties here to bore you with.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I can picture Kirsty and Phil shreeking "Quick!!! Hurry up!!! Before it's too late!!!" in my mind.
    Dreaming about upgrading and posting your fantasy house on a bulletin board for 3 years is a far better strategy in the current climate I am sure you will agree

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    My flat sale seems to have stalled. The agent that's supposed to be acting as liaison and keeping informed of progress has become unavailable and is not returning calls. One of the other agents in the office said the buyers mortgage is still awaiting approval. Hmm.

I suppose from the buyers point of view (who I gather is currently renting), at some point in time they would prefer a place of their own and would accept a potential hit in house prices falling, so long as that is around the same level as they are currently wasting on rent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X