• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: And once again

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And once again"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Well, I went on holiday to Gran Canaria, by booking through a Danish travel agent. There I am in the supermarket and I overhear (in translation): "What do you reckon to that: a darkie! I thought this was a Danish holiday resort."

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    That's odd because I find McDonalds unpalatable, if that were the only option i think I'd starve too

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    the unwashed masses show just how dumb they are.

Top 20 stupid complaints from british holiday makers.

My personal favorite was :

"On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
    I had much the same problem when I toured Thailand/Malasia. Apart from MacDonald visits, etc I went mostly hungry. I lost half a stone and could do one arm-pullups. But when I got to Singapore I ordered a big steak, which I soon discovered it was spicy too and unpalatable. I am more tolerant of ponced-up/ruined food now than I used to be though.

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    I liked this one best

"When we arrived in Spain it seemed quite pleasant at first, then we realised it was full of bloody foreigners"
    I was joking when I posted this, having not read them, but it's actually like one of the complaints!

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I was in McDonalds in Calais, behind a chap who asked the girl if there was vinegar for his fries? What's that about? You don't even get it in McDonalds in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    I liked this one best

"When we arrived in Spain it seemed quite pleasant at first, then we realised it was full of bloody foreigners"
    Do they mean the Spanish? The same is true in Britain also.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

I despair!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A tourist at a top African game lodge overlooking a waterhole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".

It would not make me feel inadequate......
    No it would make you feel like it's Biatch

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    I liked this one best

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A tourist at a top African game lodge overlooking a waterhole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".

It would not make me feel inadequate......

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    I like this one

"We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

But for balance it is not just the Brits who say daft things:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/pi...-tourists.html

And for the record Wales should be closed - all the time

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    When I went to Goa I was disgusted at the curry too - its not a patch as to what you can get in a curry house in the UK - far too watery and cocconuts served with everything.

Not curry at all.

Why doesnt the Government do something !!????!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic And once again

And once again

the unwashed masses show just how dumb they are.

Top 20 stupid complaints from british holiday makers.

My personal favorite was :

"On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

Working...
X