• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ebay - more trouble than it's worth?"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Anything more clever than just buying low, selling high? Don't worry, I don't want any details, just yes/no
    yes, but not selling on eBay

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    thanks for feedback chaps, I'll give it a go and see what happens....

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    This highlights the fundamental problem with ebay. A lot of the people doing the selling are ameteurs, not really cut out for real business, but because there are now a lot of real businesses on there the buyers are treating everybody like they're an evil corporation. Any sense of community there may have been is long gone.

Which is not to say you were to blame, just that if you're going to go into any kind of sales business you need a thick skin and should expect a certain amount of carp, and I think the typical seller doesn't get that. In particular, people don't get that distance selling regulations protect the buyer and not the seller.
    I can assure you that having run a retail operation on the High St, Im no amatuer and have a thick skin.

And you'll find the DSR's do not cover sites such as ebay irrespective of whether you're the buyer.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    nope. Plan B. and its returning about 10% per month for me...
    Anything more clever than just buying low, selling high? Don't worry, I don't want any details, just yes/no

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    You don't strike me as a shoplifter!

You know exactly what I meant.... now stop winding me up, I need a cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    You don't strike me as a shoplifter!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I've sold various bits of unwanted tat and never had any problems.
    Same here... great for getting rid of stuff that still has the tags on.

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    Bish Bosh, loads a dosh, LOADSAMONEY!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    mmm....I spend about £25k a month with ebay, not really had a problem, I did buy some gold the other day which turned out to be fake (after I acid tested it) I have a help desk number that ebay gave me as I'm a 'special customer' they refunded the purchase cost circa 2k so I didn't have to chase the seller.

Not really had much to complain about, except the fee's are very high, as are paypals fees.

I've been with eBay for 6 years now.
    You are Paris Hilton and I claim my 5 fake friends.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No kidding?
    nope. Plan B. and its returning about 10% per month for me...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    mmm....I spend about £25k a month with ebay
    No kidding?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    mmm....I spend about £25k a month with ebay, not really had a problem, I did buy some gold the other day which turned out to be fake (after I acid tested it) I have a help desk number that ebay gave me as I'm a 'special customer' they refunded the purchase cost circa 2k so I didn't have to chase the seller.

Not really had much to complain about, except the fee's are very high, as are paypals fees.

I've been with eBay for 6 years now.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I think he should over come his resistance and contact him
    Madame Pogle you have raised the bar!

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    There are lots of people these days who will sell your stuff on ebay for you - I have seen 20-25% commission, but no hassles. You just drop it off (although I guess they could pick up), they list it, package, send it off and send you a cheque when done. One I know of doesn't charge if your item doesn't sell, although I guess they know what sells and what doesn't so would say no if you were wasting your/their time.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    strange one. He already knew you ohm address, presumably there were enough postage amps on the package ? I wonder watt induced the post office to contact you ?

I think he should over come his resistance and contact him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X