• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What happens next.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What happens next."

Collapse

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Too many apostrophe's in your word's.
    Seem's to be the norm these day's. If a word end's in an s, add an apostrophe, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    My first thought when you said "M1" was Thompson Machine Gun (a.k.a the Tommy Gun).

Then I had visions of gangsters in Roll's Royce's (Al Capone's favourite car), roaring up and down Wall Street, shooting innocent passers-by.
    Too many apostrophe's in your word's.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I hear Swindon is going for a song -

What's it like in middle earth these days? I can imagine the M4 is a lot quieter -

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    As far as i can see, the name of this forum doesnt specificaly mention "IT"......Even contracting sh@@ger is equally entitled to put 2c.....
    Have a look at the logo on the top left corner of every page - the one that says "The IT Contractor Portal"

Non-IT types are still welcome in TPD, however

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Hyper-inflation.

Look at today. Today is the beginning.

http://markets.ft.com/markets/commodities.asp

The world is printing trillions $$ and ££.

Nice mix coming up. Wage deflation, unemployment and inflation of prices.

The Retail Prices Index (RPI), which includes housing costs, fell to 0% in February on an annual basis from 0.1% in January.

Told you!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    My first thought when you said "M1" was Thompson Machine Gun (a.k.a the Tommy Gun).

Then I had visions of gangsters in Roll's Royce's (Al Capone's favourite car), roaring up and down Wall Street, shooting innocent passers-by.

Then I realised that I'm not in the 1920's, and that this is modern day.

And the the same statement applies, except for 1 word.

Then I had visions of bankers in Roll's Royce's (Al Capone's favourite car), roaring up and down Wall Street, shooting innocent passers-by.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    As far as i can see, the name of this forum doesnt specificaly mention "IT"......Even contracting sh@@ger is equally entitled to put 2c.....
    Is that why a Polish plumber like you is on here?

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    If you're so f**king astute, what are you doing posting crap on a IT Contractors forum?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've worked out why CyberCretin's house is worth a lot more than his neighbours houses.

He doesn't live next door to a cretin.

Post of the day.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The FTSE will fall to under 3000 before all this is over. Then I'll buy a shed load.

HTH
    Sheds can only go up.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    As a pipe transports a turd to the sewage farm, the M4 delivers you home to Reading

The M4 delivers anybody to Reading. So which pipe delivers your turds ?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    As a pipe transports a turd to the sewage farm, the M4 delivers you home to Reading
    I've worked out why CyberCretin's house is worth a lot more than his neighbours houses.

He doesn't live next door to a cretin.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Don't talk about the money supply, most people on here think the M1 you refer to is a motorway
    M4 is moving quite freely so that's a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not yet.

M0 is high, M1 and M2 are rock bottom. When M0 starts flowing into M1 and M2 you'll get inflation. So not till next year.
    I read a good piece recently on why, contrary to received wisdom, broad money increase/decrease actually precedes narrow money.

Most people think that due to the money-multiplier effect, M4/M3 is affected by M0 changes, i.e. the dog wags the tail.

This article argued it's really the tail that wags the dog.

I'll try to dig it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X