• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Online Timesheets

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Online Timesheets"

Collapse

• HowCanIHelp
    replied
    Thanks

Ok thanks for the information............................for those that use online systems on a weekly/monthly basis, can you advise me of any Pro's and Con's to using them.

If it was a case that paper timesheets were only used as a last resort what would you want to see from a online system functionality wise.

I might end up designing one

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    I trust paper and multi-part stationery.

I do NOT trust computers.

Leave a comment:

• BrollyBonce
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Not had this happen in 15 years of contracting.

Name and shame?
    Elan lost all my ID that was faxed to them.

Plexus (now gone away) lost faxes.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I use an online system and it is great : then so is my agent! Modis since you ask...
    With modis, I used clients electronic timesheets, printed them off, got them signed, faxed through. Emailed pdf of invoice. Money in the bank the next day.

Current agency/client. Fill in clients electronic timesheets, print off agency's timesheet, get signed. Send agency timesheet + invoice in the mail. 21 days later (or earlier) money in the bank. I think the agency have an electronic invoicing/timesheet malarky, but never bothered looking.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Online timesheets are excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    I fill timesheets on online system of ClientCo, then Manager approves it and i receive an email that its approved and agency also receives that.

I hate doing manual work so its great for me.
    thats for me too

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I get a timesheet signed, make 2 copies. One goes to 1 company with an invoice and the other goes to another company (I'm employed as a consultant to a consultancy who have sub-contracted me to a software company where I'm working at a governments IT service provider, hoops.) The last few I didn't have to bother even getting them signed, trust. I've used 1 online timesheet system and it was pants, ran on SAP and confused the buggery out of green screen me!

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    I fill timesheets on online system of ClientCo, then Manager approves it and i receive an email that its approved and agency also receives that.

I hate doing manual work so its great for me.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Name and shame?
    Elan were shocking for it at last year, I mean, really shocking. All the contractors on site with Elan had issues. Modis made up the rest of the contractors and they were always paid on time.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Preferred IT - lost an invoice I faxed them with the net result I missed their monthly pay run & got payed 4 weeks late
    Pathway - lost a copy of my VAT registration certificate. Ditto above.
    Preferred IT now have an Online system now. Well they did last year.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied

Name and shame?
    Preferred IT - lost an invoice I faxed them with the net result I missed their monthly pay run & got payed 4 weeks late
    Pathway - lost a copy of my VAT registration certificate. Ditto above.

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Some agencies tend to conveniently lose Faxs quite often.

Name and shame?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Used paper and online systems.

As long as they get authorised by ClientCo and paid by Pimp on time - Who cares!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Excel and print to PDF, then email.

Why complicate things?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I use an online system and it is great : then so is my agent! Modis since you ask......

If agents give issues then chasing up paper is easier than chasing up online stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X