• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: iPhone update

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iPhone update"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not such a big deal this update.

What I love right now is the Remote app

At home my phone connects to the network automatically the moment I'm in the door. I scroll through my playlist start a track and the music system fires with it's lovely sound. A agent calls me and the boom boom is muted while I'm on the phone. That's what I'm talking about... just smegging awesome and I don't care what you say!
    It does, indeed, rock.

I've got the iMac in the office as the iTunes server, then Airport Express and Apple TV downstairs both running airtunes - all controllable from the Remote app. You can even use it to control the Apple TV directly. It's quite good.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Not such a big deal this update.

What I love right now is the Remote app

At home my phone connects to the network automatically the moment I'm in the door. I scroll through my playlist start a track and the music system fires up with it's lovely sound (Jamo system). A agent calls me and the boom boom is automatically muted while I'm on the phone. That's what I'm talking about... just smegging awesome and I don't care what you say!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    My six year old Nokia does text messages as well.

No thanks for these new fangled things - I will stick to what I know.
    Good for you.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    My six year old Nokia does text messages as well.

No thanks for these new fangled things - I will stick to what I know.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    They're sent as SMS. Not MMS.
    Dunno then.

Definitely works in the email app though - you tap the attachment and you can either add to existing or create new contact.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    When will the iPhone support vCard? I sent my business card as a text message to one, and it couldn't handle a standard that's been around for years.
    Check out the MMS bit at: http://thenextweb.com/2009/03/17/app...tures-updates/

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Probably when it supports MMS messaging. It already supports emailed vCards.
    They're sent as SMS. Not MMS.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    How does one go about becoming an Apple apps developer?

What skillset would be needed for this?
    http://developer.apple.com/iPhone/program/

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    When will the iPhone support vCard? I sent my business card as a text message to one, and it couldn't handle a standard that's been around for years.
    Probably when it supports MMS messaging. It already supports emailed vCards.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    How does one go about becoming an Apple apps developer?

What skillset would be needed for this?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Does anyone know what the block is with Flash on iPhones, out of interest? I'd have thought that would be a basic and standard plug-in these days.
    I read in this months Mac Format that its a technical thing, not a business decision not to include Flash. Apple thought that the mobile Flash version available for them to use was not up to scratch so are working with Adobe to sort it out and it'll be available sometime in the future.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    When it'll be in market???

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    The new software will also allow developers to sell subscription-based software products, opening up the prospect of users being asked to pay for different levels of a game, to purchase additional content or to buy virtual items.
    This I like

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Does anyone know what the block is with Flash on iPhones, out of interest? I'd have thought that would be a basic and standard plug-in these days.

Edit: Nov 08 article here gives some explanation. Apple policy issue it seems.
    Last edited by dang65; 18 March 2009, 10:10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X