• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Love letter to TomTom about my new 740 Live"

Collapse

• Archangel
    replied
    On my TomTom (its an old 5xx) you have to set the speed camera thingy (actually a POI warning) to "on or near", so it picks them up if they are slightly off the actual road (or it thinks they are).

This may get rid of one of your problems.

I've had mixed results with the bluetooth, seems ok now with my N95.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    mine worked getting me in/out of Nottingham, however it was hopeless around Leicester city centre with the roadworks.

Also, fed up of having to rest it nearly everytime I use it ( which is not that much)

Traveling to my last gig there is a sign to the ferry to cross the River Seven which says ' This way to the Ferry - Sat Nav error' and at the next turning ' No access to Ferry - Sat Nav error.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Got a prompt response from TOMTOM support. Lots of connect it to your pc, download the latest updates (I told them I already did this, <bashes head on monitor>) then reset the unit with a paper clip yada yada yada

Outcome.

Unit still just as tuliped, and its now lost all my subscription information.

Thanks TOMTOM, nice work.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Yeah, mine is aware of 1 way systems. It's part of the reason I got it

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    I would love to see how Tommy Tom Tom would get on in somewhere like Nottingham, with all it's one way systems and tram routes. Wonder how much these things have cost the insurance industry
    Mrs PSB's Tom Tom one took her to the Vicky centre no probs last week - she doesn't know Nottm at all.

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    Which one goes best with a pink iPhone? Does my bum look big in this?

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    I've got a TomTom 520 and it is brilliant.

I did have a similar problem with bluetooth using my old Samsung phone, however it works perfectly fine with my blackberry.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    I would love to see how Tommy Tom Tom would get on in somewhere like Nottingham, with all it's one way systems and tram routes. Wonder how much these things have cost the insurance industry
    Mine was ok there as long as you didnt want to use Bluetooth. Worked bang in the centre for 6 months last year.

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Anticipating a long list of posts telling me how happy people are with theirs
    That'll be me then

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    AA roadmap £2.99 that's what you need. Not some silly twat telling you to turn the wrong way up a one way street.
    Our Garmin is always getting directions wrong. Last weekend it told us to go through the bus only area risking a ticket. And its no better around here...I question what it thinks as 'fastest' too. They are a gadget..no replacement for a printed map.

Leave a comment:

• Ltd ability
    replied
    There was a blind chick on the bus the other day who had a sat nav so she'd know where to get off, fairly original use for it i thought. Took me a while to suss out what was happening - i thought for ages it was someone trying to learn english using an mp3 player turned up really loud

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Seriously, Cheshire road signage is woeful.
    Local place for local people....

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    I work in Cheshire where useful road signs are yet to be implemented.

HTH

Also, drive home on a Friday is 160 miles, and often snarled with traffic so TomTom is supposed to calcualate best route avoiding traffic.

Seriously, Cheshire road signage is woeful.

AA roadmap £2.99 that's what you need. Not some silly twat telling you to turn the wrong way up a one way street.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Get a Garmin.
    That gives traffic info too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X