• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone here use Tiscali?"

Collapse

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by pleomax View Post
    Damn the city 8 miles north can get Be the town 8 miles south can get Be.

I hate living on the road to no-where!!!!

Pleomax

P.S I am with tiscali and it does suck, if Be is out who would you go with?
    My old ISP used Tiscal and I had few problems. Until they fell out and Tiscali just cut me off. Since this was the third ISP I'd used that had failed in some way I therefore gave up and switched to O2. Though we're not LLU exchange.

Expect O2 to go bust some time soon. I fmy past experiences are anything to go by

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by pleomax View Post

Pleomax

I'm using ADSL4Less atm, who are basically reselling HotChilli. £14.95/month for a 2mb unlimited connnection. Speed is good, connection is relaible, statci IP at no extra cost. Customer service could be better, but no worse than your average Indian call center operation.

Leave a comment:

• pleomax
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    Was with them a while back but got totally fed up with tragic ADSL speed (0.1kbps, I kid you not) and equally tragic call centre staff.

So I switched to Be Internet. Its like night and day

Pleomax

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Trying having an even slightly technical discussion with their support people. Hilarious.
    Agreed.

Trying to select the right option on their calling system and then to talk to the right person - would be hilarious if it was funny.

Reckon their cockups over my house move cost me £150. I was going to complain but just could not be bothered.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

PERHAPS IF YOU HADN'T LOST ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS ******* EMAILS WE MIGHT HAVE STAYED WITH YOU, YOU INCOMPETENT BASTARDS.
    +1 Complete f***wits.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    "The group - whose UK ISP brands include Tiscali, Pipex, Freedom2Surf and Nildram"

Pipex down the drain, hurrah!
    Pipex smells, yes Pipex smells,

PERHAPS IF YOU HADN'T LOST ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS ******* EMAILS WE MIGHT HAVE STAYED WITH YOU, YOU INCOMPETENT BASTARDS.
    Booger...

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    "The group - whose UK ISP brands include Tiscali, Pipex, Freedom2Surf and Nildram"

Pipex smells, yes Pipex smells,

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Well if they do go tits up - at least they won't be implementing Phorm anytime soon.

Which must be good news?

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    Good riddance!

I was with them for a few years and got shafted with terrible broadband speeds and absolutely awful customer service.

Not a great loss if they do go under.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    Was with them a while back but got totally fed up with tragic ADSL speed (0.1kbps, I kid you not) and equally tragic call centre staff.

Trying having an even slightly technical discussion with their support people. Hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    I've been to Tiscali. Very interesting place!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    So there is a God up there

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic Anyone here use Tiscali?

Anyone here use Tiscali?

Might be time to consider switching....

Working...
X