• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are you doing this weekend?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Thats the way to do ut - Money for Nothing and the Chicks for Free - I want my BBC ...
    I am not exactly sure where to go, but the missus has been a few times

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Into Manchester tonight for a few free beers and a free sh@g

quite looking forward to it

Thats the way to do ut - Money for Nothing and the Chicks for Free - I want my BBC ...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

You're meeting up with Sally Anne as well then? Dont forget to take a number

*hides*

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Quiet one tonight.
    Holiday shopping with Mrs PL Sat afternoon then few beers with a mate.
    Sunday: Maybe do a roast. Have to see how bad the hangover is.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Dads club, bacon butties, tea and toddlers… highlight of my month.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    I shall be looking in your bins, weeing in hedges, and stealing chickens

No I am not a Scouser!
    watch it

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    No no no!!!!!!! Both of you a big

Your weekend plans shouldn't include thoughts of heading back Sunday/Monday to do it all over again!!!!!

Both of you need to reassess your lives at once!

x x x x
    It's not for much longer - as soon as I finish decorating my weekly retreat I shall go back to commuting. Repointing the final turret now....

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    I shall be looking in your bins, weeing in hedges, and stealing chickens

No I am not a Scouser!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I have just googled Goucho Grills - I did not realise but I can nearly see it out of the office window.

Back to what i am doing this weekend anyway

Saturday Footy

The rest of the time looking after kids and Mrs Opm

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Ah ! You are only doing the bog ! That went in without a hitch. It's a wooden suspended floor so juggling the pipework under the floor was easy enough.

It's just the sink that's giving me problems, it's the placcie waste connection to the trap that is a pain when doing solvent weld as you need to get it right first go once you get the airfix glue out !
    Yup, sink went in fine a couple of weeks ago. Got one with a waste trap that fits directly to the sink, just one pipe from there to the outflow pipe, nice and easy

Concrete floor here, and the old one left a hole down to the DPM when it came out cos the fixings had rusted fast into the concrete. Had to patch it up and wait for it to dry before putting the new one in.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    All copper here apart from the fitting on the cistern which is a plastic screw thread fitting. The fun bit is going to be cutting and bending the pipework to fit since the cistern fittings are on the opposite side to the old one.
    Ah ! You are only doing the bog ! That went in without a hitch. It's a wooden suspended floor so juggling the pipework under the floor was easy enough.

It's just the sink that's giving me problems, it's the placcie waste connection to the trap that is a pain when doing solvent weld as you need to get it right first go once you get the airfix glue out !

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Yes I have a few packets of Western Australian wildflower seed left.
    Would you be open to passing on a couple of packets? Could be a project for my sons to take on for the summer.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Saturday: taking DS2 to a tennis lesson, then taking DS1 to a games day at the local Games Workshop.
    Sunday: hoping to get out somewhere with all the kids, possibly hillwalking.

Wouldn't mind trying to get to see Watchmen at some point as well.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I forgot that job ! I chipped the pedestal last week while rushing to get it done in my last day of benchdom, a new one is awaiting me when I get home today. I'm using solvent weld ( I'd stick with push fit ) and compression/end feed for the copper ( I'd stick with push fit ). My plumber mate told me it made sense but I think he was talking bollards !
    All copper here apart from the fitting on the cistern which is a plastic screw thread fitting. The fun bit is going to be cutting and bending the pipework to fit since the cistern fittings are on the opposite side to the old one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X