• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is CyberCretin the biggest loser on this forum?"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    I think Francko's just a bit peeved because I showed him up on the Friday 13th thread and hurt his ego. Cheer up Francko.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    In my opinion Cyberman is essentially a child character. He might have some bright insights sometimes, he can be funny sometimes but essentially he's a child, he lacks the maturity for being able to interact with people in an adult way and with a responsible reasoning.

I think he needs a strong female figure for a good
    I believe there is already a fund to pay for atw to lose his virginity? Maybe anything left could be spent n a dominatrix for cyberman?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    In my opinion Cyberman is essentially a child character. He might have some bright insights sometimes, he can be funny sometimes but essentially he's a child, he lacks the maturity for being able to interact with people in an adult way and with a responsible reasoning.

I think he needs a strong female figure for a good

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I respond to what I think may have been said, rather than what has actually been said, because my opinion is of such primary importance that I needn't bother understanding the opinions of others before repeating myself, and would certainly never even consider the possibility that what somebody else has said might actually give me a reason to reconsider my opinion

In my experience, those who are intellectually lazy in one area are intellectually lazy in all areas.

I hate it when I'm left to fix their shoddy code

ADDENDUM: This doesn't mean that I agree with the insulting tone of the thread title. Vulgar abuse and insulting names do not constitute a valid opinion. I think I may have perpetrated similar insults against Cyberman in the past, in which case I'm a hypocrite for decrying it now. That, or I've decided that perpetrating insults is a Bad Thing and don't want to do it any more. Wotever.

So all speed-readers are intellectually lazy ? I think not somehow. There are some things that demand meticulous care and others that don't. An intelligent person will realise the difference !!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    I'd rather not read something at all or read it with the due diligence. Do you also work the same way? No surprise you have never gone further 45k euros a year...

If you make no effort to read some things, then is it any wonder that the are yawning gaps in your knowledge that I recently highlighted (13th pay month in Germany ring a bell ?)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I respond to what I think may have been said, rather than what has actually been said, because my opinion is of such primary importance that I needn't bother understanding the opinions of others before repeating myself, and would certainly never even consider the possibility that what somebody else has said might actually give me a reason to reconsider my opinion
    Alas I feel there are elements of truth in that. I do hope cyberman takes note and responds accordingly. There have been a few who are not up to this : personlly I think cyberman is up to the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    If I'm busy I don't always read every single post in a thread. I'm sure others don't either. If a post is long I may also just scan it as quickly as possible and only take in the part that I feel is worth answering. Thus, I may miss important bits, but c'est la vie.

In my experience, those who are intellectually lazy in one area are intellectually lazy in all areas.

I hate it when I'm left to fix their shoddy code

ADDENDUM: This doesn't mean that I agree with the insulting tone of the thread title. Vulgar abuse and insulting names do not constitute a valid opinion. I think I may have perpetrated similar insults against Cyberman in the past, in which case I'm a hypocrite for decrying it now. That, or I've decided that perpetrating insults is a Bad Thing and don't want to do it any more. Wotever.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 15 February 2009, 05:04. Reason: Addendum.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
    Sasguru

1. You have nearly 12,000 post on this site. Sad, go out and get a girlfriend/boyfriend.

2. Your post just smacks of "I'm a Chav". Please don't use smilies it's not becoming of a proper contractor

3. It's worrying but there are so called contractors here with a bigger post count than you.

Summary

Big post counters who are contractors, won't be contractors for much longer.
    girlfriend/boyfriend/stalker

edit: Sorry, was pissed and thought that post was addressing Bagpuss.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 15 February 2009, 10:27.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    If I'm busy I don't always read every single post in a thread. I'm sure others don't either. If a post is long I may also just scan it as quickly as possible and only take in the part that I feel is worth answering. Thus, I may miss important bits, but c'est la vie.
    I'd rather not read something at all or read it with the due diligence. Do you also work the same way? No surprise you have never gone further 45k euros a year...

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Usually I would say yes. But sometimes I feel you reply without really reading what the other person has said.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Isn't it obvious that I've read somebody's post if I post a copy of what I reply to !!
    Usually I would say yes. But sometimes I feel you reply without really reading what the other person has said.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do you read other people's posts or just post your own stuff without caring about opinions of others?

Isn't it obvious that I've read somebody's post if I post a copy of what I reply to !!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I agree that can be boring for long-termers on the BB, but not everybody reads every thread, so they have not necessarily read my views repeatedly. There are many newcomers to this BB every day who do not actually post but lurk and I'm sure do not read previous posts.
    If you do not want to read my views because they are repetitive and boring, just don't read them.
    Do you read other people's posts or just post your own stuff without caring about opinions of others?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I agree that can be boring for long-termers on the BB, but not everybody reads every thread, so they have not necessarily read my views repeatedly. There are many newcomers to this BB every day who do not actually post but lurk and I'm sure do not read previous posts.
    If you do not want to read my views because they are repetitive and boring, just don't read them.
    But reading you posts means I don't need to buy a paper since you quote most of it

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I agree with you that personal attacks are pretty pathetic, and I'll happily admit you don't fall into that trap often.
    But it's still not intelligent to trot out the same old lines everytime. Especially when all you're doing is finding opportunities to tell us AGAIN what you think about the government every single time... the individual posts are just a means to an end.
    You could share all the same information if you just changed your signature to "Labour suck" and posted a smiley.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X