• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I've a monthly stakeholder meeting at 4PM."

Collapse

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Our plan is more than a plan; it’s a turnkey solution for leveraging the power of data mining to empower our customer service representatives and bring new élan to our market expansion drive.
    Oi !!! someone from my last gig actually used that in a pep talk I coughed "bollocks" and faked an urgent call

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    On 28/11/2007 I saved the following on my desktop ready for re-use. I copied it from an email from ClientCo. Evidently, its time has come:

"It's about time you people started eating some reality sandwiches and get your ducks in a row. Perhaps we can then think about parking our cars in the same garage. And remember, we don't want to wind ourselves round the axle on this."

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    So did you get a "full house"

tim

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    and remind them all that there is no "I in team".
    but there's a "u" in *****

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    But there is
    ME
    EAT
    MEAT
    You forgot TEA.......!!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
    I've heard that "brain wave" is no longer politically correct as it discriminates against epileptics. The new term is "ideas shower".
    Thought Shower

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    My advice is
    there is no "I in team".
    But there is
    ME
    EAT
    MEAT

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
    I've heard that "brain wave" is no longer politically correct as it discriminates against epileptics. The new term is "ideas shower".
    I'm offended as I don't have any ideas or shower.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    My advice is

"touch base" with all of them
    make sure you all have "joined up thinking"
    make sure you highlight the "quick wins"
    make sure you highlight "excellent progress"
    and remind them all that there is no "I in team".

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Why has no one mentioneed KPIs yet
    Because that's sooooo 1980s.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I've a monthly stakeholder meeting at 4PM.

At first glance I thought this thread was about a witch hunt for vampires.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Hey I've just made over 1000 posts. Never noticed!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Ask where the Information Radiator is. Do it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    We’re all too busy analysing this month’s performance dashboard. I was particularly impressed by the high scores for ‘corporate social responsibility’, which were obviously awarded for the thousands of skilled people ClientCo has now made available to the workforce and the way they’ve provided the social security office with a whole new class of customer.
    You jest but current client has a 'goal' of zero deaths on site.

Every year they're getting closer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X