• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Am I alone in this?"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Very wise. After ahem decades in IT and using computers for everything I no longer know how to write or add two digits together.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Predictive text ?

Bah !

Asked it to tell me the lottery numbers and it was useless.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    When I send text messages, I dont use predictive text and I write all words longhand and use capitals and punctuation.
    I treat it the same as if I were sending an email.

Does anyone else do this or am I a prig? :
    I am the same, but then I am an old git.

Actually, the main reason that I don't use the predictive text is because I swear a lot and it never predicts swear words accurately.

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    There are no angry people on here. We're IT geeks who are mild and harmless.

Forum postings are merely gorilla-chest posturings, so the meek and the mild can feel important.

If it soothes the brow of some, then I say, why the heck not ?

Better to keep an eye on them here than have them loose on the streets scaring old ladies with bits of C++.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    I use T9 predictive text but always make a point of writing proper sentences and punctuation.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• teclo
    replied
    What I hate is reading random forum messages on other message boards where the whole message is written in txt speak. It really does make me wonder what kids are being taught these days in school.

I can understand using txt in an SMS where you have a limited number of characters to use, but in a message board? GTFO KTHXBI!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Oh and if you like The Shizit and Rabbit Junk, have you heard of DHC Meinhof ?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    I specifically bought myself an Xperia
    How are you getting on with it?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    When I send text messages, I dont use predictive text and I write all words longhand and use capitals and punctuation.
    I treat it the same as if I were sending an email.

Does anyone else do this or am I a prig? :
    Looks like we are both prigs then.

I refuse to let my (low) standards drop even if it is a text message.

Probably why I don't text that often and prefer the human (read old fashioned by todays standards) touch of actually speaking to people.
    Last edited by Clippy; 10 February 2009, 16:11.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    When texting first came out my mate thought that the fewer letter you used the cheaper the text message!!!

-Obviously I know if it goes over 2 pages.... BUT back then there wasn't pages!!!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Posted by Ardesco : Not heard of them before, thank you very much
    You're welcome.

The were formed after their lead singer JP Anderson left The Shizit.

The Shizit were an astounding band, best classified if you need to as "digital hardcore". The sheer power, intensity and strength behind The Shizit's music was a revelation to me.

Original Shizit recordings have been very hard to find, but I have just noticed that someone has put some on You Tube.

Gak B*tch

Point Click Kill

32-Bit Wh*re

Video : Herdcore

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Not heard of them before, thank you very much
    Wasn't it the B side of "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult?

Same tune, different words...

We can be like they are

Don't Diss the Rabbit

We'll be able to fly

Don't Diss the Rabbit

Baby I'm your man

Don't Diss the Rabbit

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Oi ! Don't diss The Rabbit !

SFW but may make your ears bleed :-)

Not heard of them before, thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    easy tiger!
    since you ask, they're my initials and my old sport number

i just thought it was a funny parallel being drawn between people calling typing in a form of short hand, moron's, when they themselves post on an internet forum with made up username's

I feel like i've woken an angry bear from hibernation!
    <fatherjack>What?</fatherjack>

Your 'old sport number'?

Bit of an old sport are you then?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by NiceUpNorth View Post
    predictive T9 for me, but correctly written in full
    WHS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X