• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you tired of CUK?"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Yes, and I only been here a few months. All the posts follow the same formulae, and after 3 months it's like being in an infinite loop error. Well suppose it's full of techies ... over and out.

PS yes been to pub, so don't bother with usual tw*tty replies ...
    <Looks at Jeebo's avatar> Lunch is for wimps!

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Yes, and I only been here a few months. All the posts follow the same formulae, and after 3 months it's like being in an infinite loop error. Well suppose it's full of techies ... over and out.

PS yes been to pub, so don't bother with usual tw*tty replies ...

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    ...and I wasn't even here!!....
    Sheeeshh. I knew it wasn't my return that had kicked it all off.

Take a good look at yourselves people!!! You just obviously don't like Feb & April!
    that's right. you're not important. i don't like feb and april.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It's muppets that kick things off. Tay, you, etc. etc...
    Always someone else to blame Disco. Look inside, look deep inside at your own insecurities. Maybe a little counselling wouldn't go a miss for you.

HTH

I forgive you man!
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 10 March 2010, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Surely I should receive some royalties for the resurrection of this old thread.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Shag me. You lot were bloody tearing chunks off each other this time last year and I wasn't even here!! Then you were trying to lynch a poster called Tay.

Take a good look at yourselves people!!! You just obviously don't like Feb & April!
    It's muppets that kick things off. Tay, you, etc. etc...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    It does seem that people are quite snappy on here lately... people ask for advice and yes, sometimes they could find the answer elsewhere on here, but sometimes any question is met with a response like 'ask your accoutant'...

(This is an example)

Yes, maybe sometimes they should ask their accountant, but has anyone thought that maybe they have fired off an e-mail but are also asking on here in the meantime for an alternative view? Accountants are always right you know!
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I personally wouldn't change that response - it's the essence of CUK.

You have to have a very thick skin on here and a very good sense of humour.
    And if you obey the rules, you will find your answers
    Shag me. You lot were bloody tearing chunks off each other this time last year and I wasn't even here!! Then you were trying to lynch a poster called Tay.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Sometimes I get sick of the stupid trolls who are here just to antagonise everyone and hurt peoples feelings. There are some right juvinielle (sp!) twats out there.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I don't post nearly as often as I used to, simply because I look at the threads on the first page of General, and they don't look interesting.

Still, it's nice to pop in now and again.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    He who is tired of CUK is tired of life.

OK, maybe not

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    I've just found <snip> - it looks like a pretty new site. Lots of resources though, and not just for IT contractors like this site. I'd be interested to see if they get sued if agencies and dodgy accountancy/umbrella companies get bad reviews?

They have a <snip> although it's nowhere near as active as this place.
    Of course they'll get sued! Libel is libel is libel from a plaintiffs point of view...

..and just because no-one goes to the website is no excuse...
    Last edited by cojak; 31 March 2009, 19:56.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes, they should pay me for my witty incisive comments.
    They would have to reintroduce the threepenny bit!!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm a casual user, will go for months without even checking the forum then spend days on end in TPD.

As a resource for information I think CUK is excellent, I hardly know any other forums that are quite as busy and will give an answer to a question so quickly be it technical (Waves at NickFitz), accounting or house prices

There are some negative types and too many cleverer-than-thoughs to mention but you get them on every forum.

In hindsight (sp?) I've dabbled in some of the more negative idiot baiting (HRH/Tay/EddieG) which I think I'll try and stay away from in the future.
    Last edited by Jog On; 31 March 2009, 16:43.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    We are the community. That's why I still post here.
    Spot on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X