• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: valentines day..

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "valentines day.."

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I recommend Krakow as a very nice historical city and castle, with some great restaurants and clubs to visit... Ryanair fly from Stanstead. Short notice though !!
    Agreed! I did 3 months out there on a contract and ******* loved every minute of it. If you need any suggestions drop me a pm.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I booked the wife and I for a mini-break to New York, leaving on Friday morning! - business class no less

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    goto Bruges, its nice in Bruges.. almost like a fairy tale.. everyone likes Bruges
    To paraphrase,

Chef, I grew up in London. I love London. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    goto Bruges, its nice in Bruges.. almost like a fairy tale.. everyone likes Bruges
    Sold!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    ... Belgium ...
    Shouldn't that be filtered in case any aliens are reading this?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    We have managed to farm the kids out to relatives for the weekend so that we can go away - but I can't decide where to go. As she doesn't finish work until 4 on Friday it limits our options - I was thinking of a city break in Europe but because it would put us on the evening commuter flights, everything is stupidly expensive. So we're left with the UK!
    Marrakech?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Probabaly a quiet night on my own on the sofa watching the original series of HHGTTG and wondering why I only seem to meet interesting women at parties in Guildford.
    Don’t do it!

I did about 6 years ago after spotting a set on VHS in a shop window, it just wasn't as good as I remember.

But I guess as along as you're prepared for that you'll enjoy it.

As a fan I quite liked what they did with the film but I knew it was never going to live up to the books, most people I know that saw it but hadn’t read the books just didn't get it at all, which pleased me a little.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    France or Belgium on the Eurostar? You might get a cheap deal on first class.
    Last edited by chef; 9 February 2009, 15:45.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    We have managed to farm the kids out to relatives for the weekend so that we can go away - but I can't decide where to go. As she doesn't finish work until 4 on Friday it limits our options - I was thinking of a city break in Europe but because it would put us on the evening commuter flights, everything is stupidly expensive. So we're left with the UK!
    France or Belgium on the Eurostar? You might get a cheap deal on first class.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    And in next week's episode.....
    Don't forget your towel.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Hopefully.
    WHS.
    Arthur meets Trillian at a party in Guildford, although she is then whisked away by Zaphod, but they meet again on Zaphod's ship.

And in next week's episode.....

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    ... and the Senacki Hotel !! I stayed there 18 months ago.

http://www.en.hotel-senacki-krakow.com/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

I recommend Krakow as a very nice historical city and castle, with some great restaurants and clubs to visit... Ryanair fly from Stanstead. Short notice though !!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by NiceUpNorth View Post
    why do you need one 'special' day of the year to tell your partner that you love them??

All a huge marketing ploy to get you buying cards / presents

Tight git !!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X