• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Man killed by toe..."

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I think the world's tallest man, Robert Wadlow, died of an infection caused by blisters on his toes from tight shoes. You'd think he'd be too far away.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    This reminds me of one of my favourite "not a lot of people know that" facts about Jack Daniel of Tennessee Whiskey fame:

I hope he remembered the combination before he died !!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    This reminds me of one of my favourite "not a lot of people know that" facts about Jack Daniel of Tennessee Whiskey fame:

Jack died in 1911 from blood poisoning that resulted from an infection. The infection allegedly began in one of his toes, which Daniel injured one early morning at work by kicking his safe in anger when he could not get it open (he was said to always have had trouble remembering the combination).

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Ah. Yes. Forgot - sorry!

<gets skates on>

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Now I know you're a sockpuppet!

Well, I've always known that you are a pillock !!. Keep up !!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I blame it on our education system. No wonder we have so much MRSA etc. in our hospitals.
    Now I know you're a sockpuppet!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    There's a lot of it about

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    At one time, many years ago, the conductor of an orchestra would pound the beat out with a big walking stick. One famous composer bashed himself on the toe by accident and died in the same way as this guy.

It's why conductors wave the batton now.

I think he was a French baroque composer called Lulle (with an accent over the e)

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I blame it on our education system. No wonder we have so much MRSA etc. in our hospitals.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    If only they'd invented a sort of rubber or plastic footwear to aid swimming. They could call them flippers or fins.

Plan B maybe?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    One of the hazards of coral reef diving.

Cut yerself and don't clean it out properly = coral growing in you.

Heard of one chap nearly losing a leg because of it...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    At one time, many years ago, the conductor of an orchestra would pound the beat out with a big walking stick. One famous composer bashed himself on the toe by accident and died in the same way as this guy.

It's why conductors wave the batton now.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Man killed by toe...

Man killed by toe...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...er/7858685.stm

Working...
X