• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working from home on a Friday"

Collapse

• zeitghost
    replied
    Not forgetting

ALIEN

of course...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You other x names are not worthy of such an august beginning

As for you z people, no, I never knew what a Zamzummim was specifically, but now, thanks to the internet:

A race of giants east of the Jordan, defeated by Chedorlaomer, Genesis 14:5, and exterminated by the Ammonites, who possessed their territory until themselves subdued by Moses, Deuteronomy 2:20-21. See AMMONITES, and ZUZIM.
    In general I know just what you are. Giants, indeed. What has been lost in translation and time from the bible is one word -

LIZARDS

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerxes
    And what is wrong with 'x' names, pray tell?
    Too right. Us x names should stick together. And anyway, I quite like "Diagnosis, Murder" as well, what with that dishy Barry van Dyke. Mind you, I wouldn't want to be a patient in that hospital. Too much chance of getting murdered. There are some things in life you just don't do (like invite Angela Lansbury to dinner).

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    God, first it was an infestation of x names, now a plague of zs.
    And what is wrong with 'x' names, pray tell?

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth

are you talking to me ? do you know what Zamzummim means? I'd watch it if I were you

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Now that I've got broadband and a router, it even looks like I'm working when I'm on this board (my PC and work laptop on at the same time + one monitor/keyboard switch and I'm away...)

Please raise your glasses Gentlemen to the creator of VPN....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I see. Beat the Burglar's top tip... stay at home all day watching daytime TV. I like it!
    Now I'm worried....must remember to leave the radio on at home during the day.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    LB, you can even watch 'Beat the Burglar' on BBC1 at 09:00.

Although, if you can watch the show, surely you've got less chance of being burgled than someone out at work
    I see. Beat the Burglar's top tip... stay at home all day watching daytime TV. I like it!

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    LB, you can even watch 'Beat the Burglar' on BBC1 at 09:00.

Although, if you can watch the show, surely you've got less chance of being burgled than someone out at work

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    Richard and Judy!
    They're on in the evening now, you're behind the times in daytime TV.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I think I might have missed "Cash in the Attic" or "Bargain Hunt" though.
    arse

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Richard and Judy!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    or count down - when it is back on....
    I think I might have missed "Cash in the Attic" or "Bargain Hunt" though.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I work from home everyday. I can't wait for "Diagnosis, Murder" later on.
    or count down - when it is back on....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X