• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any vegans out there?"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Your point is?
    Stop being so bloody contrary

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Oh my word, you really are in a crappy mood aren't you
    Your point is?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I worked at a petrol filling station with a vegan bloke. "
    Me too. Unfortunately due to the pressure differential between Earth and his home planet he expanded to 100 times his original size and exploded in a purple cloud. Funny old World.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If you need to bother with odd meals, she's not worth the time or the effort.

HTH.
    Oh my word, you really are in a crappy mood aren't you

Leave a comment:

• FrankieB
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    i knew about the wines and im not a bad veggie cook which i was thinking i could adapt some recipes if need be, i was just curious to see what the panel came up with specifically for vegan

thanks for the website
    Nut roast is a good 'un. No dairy or animal included. Cranks do a good recripe.

Don't forget to not cross contaminate utensils. Vegans won't eat anything you serv if you stick a meaty or dairy splashed spoon into the vegie soup to stir it. Take care of veggie stocks too. Some contain meat. Marmite is a good choice or Boullion.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    If you need to bother with odd meals, she's not worth the time or the effort.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I worked at a petrol filling station with a vegan bloke. He used to tell me off for using the soap to wash my hands. We sold a variety of sweets and snacks; the only ones he could eat were spangles, which were soon discontinued. He wore leather shoes and said to me "I know what you're thinking" (he didn't) "......but I bought these before I became a vegan"

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    i'm looking for ideas for a 3 course meal to impress a vegan.. something a bit more substantial and impressive than lentil soup/stew, salads or a block of tofu
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I take it the date went well?
    Ohhh Zippy - I was just about to ask the same thing

Glad to hear it Chef

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    http://www.simpleveganrecipes.co.uk/

you should also be aware that most wines are non veggie, if she is a really strict vegan.
    i knew about the wines and im not a bad veggie cook which i was thinking i could adapt some recipes if need be, i was just curious to see what the panel came up with specifically for vegan

thanks for the website

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    i'm looking for ideas for a 3 course meal to impress a vegan.. something a bit more substantial and impressive than lentil soup/stew, salads or a block of tofu
    http://www.simpleveganrecipes.co.uk/

you should also be aware that most wines are non veggie, if she is a really strict vegan.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Oo er
    Don't forget a couple of bottles of decent plonk to go with the sausage.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    http://www.amazon.com/Cannibals-Cook.../dp/0969989504

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Proper vegetarian curries tend to end up being vegan as well, as long as you substitute vegetable oil for ghee / butter.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X