• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any vegans out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    i'm looking for ideas for a 3 course meal to impress a vegan.. something a bit more substantial and impressive than lentil soup/stew, salads or a block of tofu
    Proper vegetarian curries tend to end up being vegan as well, as long as you substitute vegetable oil for ghee / butter.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Cannibals-Cook.../dp/0969989504

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I take it the date went well?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Oo er
          Don't forget a couple of bottles of decent plonk to go with the sausage.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

i'm looking for ideas for a 3 course meal to impress a vegan.. something a bit more substantial and impressive than lentil soup/stew, salads or a block of tofu
            http://www.simpleveganrecipes.co.uk/

you should also be aware that most wines are non veggie, if she is a really strict vegan.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              http://www.simpleveganrecipes.co.uk/

you should also be aware that most wines are non veggie, if she is a really strict vegan.
              i knew about the wines and im not a bad veggie cook which i was thinking i could adapt some recipes if need be, i was just curious to see what the panel came up with specifically for vegan

thanks for the website
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I take it the date went well?
                Ohhh Zippy - I was just about to ask the same thing

Glad to hear it Chef
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I worked at a petrol filling station with a vegan bloke. He used to tell me off for using the soap to wash my hands. We sold a variety of sweets and snacks; the only ones he could eat were spangles, which were soon discontinued. He wore leather shoes and said to me "I know what you're thinking" (he didn't) "......but I bought these before I became a vegan"

Comment

If you need to bother with odd meals, she's not worth the time or the effort.

HTH.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

i knew about the wines and im not a bad veggie cook which i was thinking i could adapt some recipes if need be, i was just curious to see what the panel came up with specifically for vegan

thanks for the website
                      Nut roast is a good 'un. No dairy or animal included. Cranks do a good recripe.

Don't forget to not cross contaminate utensils. Vegans won't eat anything you serv if you stick a meaty or dairy splashed spoon into the vegie soup to stir it. Take care of veggie stocks too. Some contain meat. Marmite is a good choice or Boullion.

Comment

Working...
                      X