• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Reminiscing

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reminiscing"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    Aahh i remember when i was a wee lad

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/0-c-106.html?source=affwin
    Mrs BP loves that site! Makes regular orders. Supposed to be for the kids but I have my doubts....

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Oh yes. I don't get paid for coding any more, and I'm beginning to feel that I'm not a techie any more. I think I miss that (but not enough to take a rate cut to do it).
    WHS.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I would imagine most on here are no longer doing the same type of work they used to when they started in IT or even several years ago.

I was just reviewing a technical document, relating to a storage upgrade, for change control purposes and felt a wave of nostalgia when reading it as I used to be the implementer of such work back in the day.

Anyone else miss all or elements of previous roles?
    Oh yes. I don't get paid for coding any more, and I'm beginning to feel that I'm not a techie any more. I think I miss that (but not enough to take a rate cut to do it).

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    reminiscing ain't what it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Aahh i remember when i was a wee lad

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/0-c-106.html?source=affwin

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Spacedust (or was it moondust - cant remember)

Used to love sticking it on my dogs tongue and watching him run around the room going mental for five minutes or so. You can get away with anything when you're six but I would be locked away for animal abuse now.
    You cruel bastard

I shall have to set the Disapproving Rabbit on you for that

http://www.birdchick.com/images/bookcover.jpg

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Spacedust (or was it moondust - cant remember)

Used to love sticking it on my dogs tongue and watching him run around the room going mental for five minutes or so. You can get away with anything when you're six but I would be locked away for animal abuse now.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    i remember when all this were land

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Smell of AVTUR, concentric rings lighting up the night sky, foreign ladies

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    I was looking at a potential client's staff on LinkedIn and found myself reminiscing. Then took to wondering how so many useless twats I've met on this contracting lark all ended up in the same place. Think I'll stay where I am...

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Cola Rola Balls - cola flavoured, silver painted, aniseed-ball type sweets.

Edible stones - they looked like pebbles. Basically encouraging kids to eat rocks.

Sweet cigarettes - chocolate sticks with edible Rizla-type paper, and the white sticks but with the red "ember" bit painted at the end.
    Designed by an evil cabal of private dentists.

Remember those giant triangular humbug things filled with liquorish toffee?

I wonder how many kids choked to death on those.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    sherbet flying saucers
    Cola Rola Balls - cola flavoured, silver painted, aniseed-ball type sweets.

Edible stones - they looked like pebbles. Basically encouraging kids to eat rocks.

Sweet cigarettes - chocolate sticks with edible Rizla-type paper, and the white sticks but with the red "ember" bit painted at the end.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    jumpers for goalposts
    Faultless Tory governments.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Sad git. I thought this was about blackjacks...
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and fruit salads
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    ....and Amaizin Raisin Bars
    jumpers for goalposts
    Went to an 80s themed party at the weekend and am still buzzing after all the e numbers consumed.

wham bar anyone?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    jumpers for goalposts
    sherbet flying saucers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X