• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reminiscing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aahh i remember when i was a wee lad

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/0-c-106.html?source=affwin

Comment

reminiscing ain't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        I would imagine most on here are no longer doing the same type of work they used to when they started in IT or even several years ago.

I was just reviewing a technical document, relating to a storage upgrade, for change control purposes and felt a wave of nostalgia when reading it as I used to be the implementer of such work back in the day.

Anyone else miss all or elements of previous roles?
        Oh yes. I don't get paid for coding any more, and I'm beginning to feel that I'm not a techie any more. I think I miss that (but not enough to take a rate cut to do it).

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Oh yes. I don't get paid for coding any more, and I'm beginning to feel that I'm not a techie any more. I think I miss that (but not enough to take a rate cut to do it).
          WHS.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
            Aahh i remember when i was a wee lad

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/0-c-106.html?source=affwin
            Mrs BP loves that site! Makes regular orders. Supposed to be for the kids but I have my doubts....

Comment

Working...
            X