• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Man Of Iron

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Man Of Iron"

Collapse

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    I wear suit, shirt, tie to work. Suit gets dry cleaned so doesn't need to be ironed. I usually iron two weeks worth of shirts at a time, and can normally rattle through them in an hour and a bit. I guess that's 6-7 minutes per shirt. Piece of cake when you get going. I usually stick on a movie or some music to make it less mind numbingly dull.
    Everything else, apart from the odd weekend shirt, I'm happy to wear slightly creased and allow my body heat to slowly flatten out the creases.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Still iving with Mum huh?
    My mum wouldn't iron my stuff. I had to wash and iron my own clothes from the age of about 12 onwards. Hence I was always dirty and crumpled. Her argument was that I would be going to Uni one day and would have to learn sometime! 12!

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I live ironing free. I put my dirty clothes on the floor, and they reappear magically in my wardrobe, cleaned and pressed.
    Still iving with Mum huh?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I think washing and ironing clothes is responsible for 20% pf the global warming.
    avoid it
    This is only true if it's done in the Ionosphere

igmc

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Ive no idea where there figure of 20 pre cent was derived from - but as Ive now read it on the Internet I will take that as Gospel - and can now transform my laziness into a form of smug environmental superiority.

Did you know that Albert Einstien didnt wear socks ?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I think washing and ironing clothes is responsible for 20% pf the global warming.
    avoid it

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I tend to wear a shirt to work- even if it's a casual style they still need ironing. Looking creased is just poor form for a chap...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I was taught how to iron mens shirts in my domestic science lessons at
    school - Oh those crazy nuns!

I still do Mr P's shirts when I'm around, but I do as little as I can get away with.
    intelligent, wise and enlightened

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I was taught how to iron mens shirts in my domestic science lessons at
    school - Oh those crazy nuns!

I still do Mr P's shirts when I'm around, but I do as little as I can get away with.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The missus loves ironing so much that when I flop me saus into her gob, she gets the wrinkles out of it in about ten seconds flat
    < wipes residue of tea spray off monitor >

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The missus loves ironing so much that when I flop me saus into her gob, she gets the wrinkles out of it in about ten seconds flat

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    I once ironed a Subbuteo pitch to get the creases out, but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mrs BP insists on ironing everything.
    If you find a large bin bag at the front entrance to Chateau BP, it will be a consignment of crumpled shirts from the Tester Manor housekeeping department to keep Mrs BP busy during the week.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I live ironing free. I put my dirty clothes on the floor, and they reappear magically in my wardrobe, cleaned and pressed.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I am quite happy to wear unironed stuff to clientco. Mrs BP insists on ironing everything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X